What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Porous Ceraminc Wicks for your Genesis Atomisers

After first seeing this its got me thinking. Sure I've seen a ceramic tube somewhere but can't think where I've seen it! I can see it in my head it's sort of a pinky ceramic colour, think it might have been on an ignition coil. If it comes to me and it is the right sort of size I'll let you know :)

Cheers @ZT, sorry thought you were into salties. Not sounding good if it has resin in.

One of these may do the trick
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5mm-Dia-D..._Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item5aec604b69

Either that or get a steel tube with the same inner diameter you want and get someone to machine some teeth onto it. Should be a matter of just drilling yourself out a wick.

Does the air stone burn at all? My laptop is playing up and youtube videos go a bit weird

I'm afraid it ain't that easy too drill a hole in a stone you'd need to find a diamond core drill as its basically an abrasive and will just wear a steel tube away you can get little diamond core drills for drilling tiles these would prolly do it but you wouldn't get the length
Personally I think grinding them would be the best bet but itll be a slow dirty job these stones will be so brittle as you get down to a 2-3mm diameter I cannot see it being feasable cheers Andy

After first seeing this its got me thinking. Sure I've seen a ceramic tube somewhere but can't think where I've seen it! I can see it in my head it's sort of a pinky ceramic colour, think it might have been on an ignition coil. If it comes to me and it is the right sort of size I'll let you know :)

Cheers @ZT, sorry thought you were into salties. Not sounding good if it has resin in.

I am into salties :) ... But we dont use air stones much .. unless its for mixing salt water (tho I use a powerhead) or in REALLY cheap skimmers ... which I dont use anyway!

Its gotta be possible to come up with a ceramic wick thats safe one way or another .. I for one am sick and tired of trying to convince Steel its not conductive.

But are they just chopped out of air stones?

Back
Top Bottom