What's new

Advice needed - first SS mesh build

Ian

Initiate
I've just done my first ever mesh build on a SquapeR. Four wraps of .25mm Kanthal using 300 gauge stainless steel mesh.

All I can taste at the moment is kanthal / metallic taste. Is this normal and it needs time to bed in or I made a right Horlicks of things?

Any advice most appreciated...

Attachments

• DSC_0465.jpg
    DSC_0465.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 70
Just had a dry hit from hell too :(

I've trimmed about 1mm off the length of it to see if that might help it wick a bit better...

Just had a dry hit from hell too :(

I've trimmed about 1mm off the length of it to see if that might help it wick a bit better...

Never seen anyone wick a Squape like this.

Did you pulse and adjust hot spots?

Sounds like a hotspot matey, give her a good pulsing and nudging if required

I did the dry burn when I first built it and it lights up great - no hotspots.

I've been on the Squape Facebook group and they've been most helpful. I'm OK on this setup at about 11W or less and the consensus is that my mesh grade is too low.

Looks like I need 400 or 500 grade. Annoying as it's stating to taste lovely now! :(

I did the dry burn when I first built it and it lights up great - no hotspots.

I've been on the Squape Facebook group and they've been most helpful. I'm OK on this setup at about 11W or less and the consensus is that my mesh grade is too low.

Looks like I need 400 or 500 grade. Annoying as it's stating to taste lovely now! :(

If it tastes fine at 11w what's the problem? Just stick to it.

Problem is when I stick it on a mechmod (which I tend to prefer) it dry burns like hell! ;)

Back to Stealthvape...

To be honest, I'd just learn to build a real genesis atomizer if you want to use mesh. I posted a guide up a while ago.

To be honest, I'd just learn to build a real genesis atomizer if you want to use mesh. I posted a guide up a while ago.

Thanks I will search for the guide as I haven't a clue what I'm doing with mesh. Running a Squape with mesh is done quite a bit - lots seem to do it on their facebook group and say have good results.

I have thought about the genesis route but I have little enough of my hair left as it is ;)

Any ideas on an easy one for a beginner?

Thanks I will search for the guide as I haven't a clue what I'm doing with mesh. Running a Squape with mesh is done quite a bit - lots seem to do it on their facebook group and say have good results.

I have thought about the genesis route but I have little enough of my hair left as it is ;)

Any ideas on an easy one for a beginner?

This is something I actually know quite a bit about, so I'll link my guide here.

imgur.com/a/W0ReE

As stated in the thread I made about this coil, you can always ship it out to me. I'll drill it, coil it and send it your way.

Back
Top Bottom