What's new

Heated discussion

wisken81

Postman
I have been having heated discussions on the health aspects of Vaping lately. I'm not myself doing this for health reasons but what gets me going is the people that don't smoke at all that seems to have an opinion! All you hear is not much testing has been done yet, even though it's a no brainer that Vaping is better for you , no one likes the unknown. If you don't do it because you have never smoked then why put your 2 pence worth in?

I have been having heated discussions on the health aspects of Vaping lately. I'm not myself doing this for health reasons but what gets me going is the people that don't smoke at all that seems to have an opinion! All you hear is not much testing has been done yet, even though it's a no brainer that Vaping is better for you , no one likes the unknown. If you don't do it because you have never smoked then why put your 2 pence worth in?

same as you i dont do it for health reasons. Tbh i only started doing it because 1, i thought it might be cheaper than smoking and 2, its something new.
do i think its better for us than smoking?probably, but the truth is not much research/testing has been done. some has but not much in the big scheme of things.
now as to why non smokers and non vapers feel the need to chime in,human nature i guess. should ask them what they think about car exhaust fumes,drinking to much,eating to much fat/salt/sugar whatever else is pick of the week lol

I feel better for vaping and not smoking. I have stopped smoking. People who dont smoke should be happy they dont smoke and nor do i.....now.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

It's definitely going to be better than a normal cigarette, smells better and is proven to not give out anything passively. Also as a bonus you can collect cool mods and taste any flavor you want :) for me it's a win win just wish the doubters would give it a rest! Lol

Both parties (the fors and the againsts) mostly spout unsubstantiated bollox with regards to vaping health risks/benefits imo. I see no reason or need for justification either way. In a nutshell, who the fuck should care whether I'm smoking 50 fags a day or vaping 10 mls of juice a day, besides myself?
Vaping?Smoking? Both pretty banal activities that just don't seem worthy of heated discussion imo. vaping? hmm I push a button and inhale vapour. smoking? hmm I light a fag and smoke the fekker. Discussion over in under 5 seconds. :yahoo:

Last edited:
The same reason that non smokers & ex smokers (the worst) go on about it. The inane human need to be superior to another.
While we are all aware that there are risks (some of which are unknown) we go into our venture having made the choice to do so that there may be an increase to our health (or a reduction in the risk to it)

I find that engaging folk who are closed minded on things a fruitless task and a waste of breath and valuable time.

So far I've not had any negativity towards vaping, although if I did id say if I want your opinion I give it to you, I vape because its a bloody tasty nicotine delivery system, it's that simple,

, but the truth is not much research/testing has been done.

Actually, a lot of testing has been done. There are only 4 components to ejuice and everything there is to know is known about them. The only question is: What happens when you combine them and heat them to a vapour?

Here is where it gets tricky. We live in a society where no-one is prepared to commit to anything and all anyone is interested in is covering their backs. From the knowledge we have, the probability is that vaping is virtually harmless to the majority. Of course it will harm some people, but there are people who are allergic to air and water.

As for people with adverse opinions, it is human nature to disapprove of something we have no interest in or knowledge of. It covers up our ignorance.

Well, -I did convert to vaping for health reasons. (Not that I was ill, I just hit my 40s and with a 20+ year smoking history I began to get a bit scared)I believe passionately that vaping although not without some small risk is vastly safer than smoking. I'm sick and tired of how the potential small risks are continually magnified and the benefits of switching to vaping ignored.

Although naturally I am the kind of person that would walk away from an argument rather than challenge, vaping has turned me into a bit of a bore as I just can't help myself from getting stuck in :grin2:

Actually, a lot of testing has been done. There are only 4 components to ejuice and everything there is to know is known about them. The only question is: What happens when you combine them and heat them to a vapour?

Here is where it gets tricky. We live in a society where no-one is prepared to commit to anything and all anyone is interested in is covering their backs. From the knowledge we have, the probability is that vaping is virtually harmless to the majority. Of course it will harm some people, but there are people who are allergic to air and water.

As for people with adverse opinions, it is human nature to disapprove of something we have no interest in or knowledge of. It covers up our ignorance.

ok i guess i was wrong on that. the thing is the testing that has been done cant imo have tested for the long term effects of breathing in vapour,being as nobody has been vaping for very long?
also the way i see it the amount of vapour some people are breathing in now has incressed lots compared to the early days of vaping?
the only four ingredients thing im not sure i understand either. pg vg and nic i get but flavours are where i get confused. are different flavours made using different ingredients? my guess is yes?
diacetyl for instance,when it was being used was it classed as an ingredient?

edited to say just realised you said components not ingredients,my mistake for not reading your reply properly the first time. sorry:oops:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom