What's new

Updates to premises move

Heading back over again today to triple check measurements for the floor plan and ferry my tools over in readiness. The original plan was to have a table and chairs but I think bar stools might be a better idea now :)

unit 141019015702.jpg

Heading back over again today to triple check measurements for the floor plan and ferry my tools over in readiness. The original plan was to have a table and chairs but I think bar stools might be a better idea now :)

View attachment 35767

Is this any good to you?...

ExhibitCore Floor Planner

It's for designing conference/exhibition units but you can use it as a general floor design planner.

Last edited:
Is this any good to you?...

ExhibitCore Floor Planner

It's for designing conference/exhibition units but you can use it as a general floor design planner.

Thanks for that, i will keep it in mind for other projects :) My little android app was mainly just for buying fittings and getting an idea of space and layout.

As it is I now have the first load of shelving and worktops ordered but pared it all down a little from my original idea with a view to add more as I need it rather than over order - the main use for the unit will be mail order fulfilment in the main room so I don't really need it to have a proper shop layout and it took a few days to realise that :)

I have still ordered a handful of nice bar stools and have a 2/3 seat sofa coming in that I don't use at home already. I don't expect to be entertaining huge numbers of customers in a shop environment but those that do come and mooch around will have places to sit (as well as when we host vape meets)

So the first round of furniture has been ordered and we are awaiting delivery - that won't be for over a week now though, the hygiene cladding panels and accessories for the cleanroom have now also been ordered to be with me hopefully by the weekend. I need to get a sparky in as the cleanroom has no power sockets for some strange reason and then I can start getting that built up - vinyl flooring is being finalised as is the racking for the end of the main unit...

Job is coming on slowly, still no mention of telecoms install date though.

A quick update...

We now apparently have telecoms and internet in the unit - I am heading over after the parcel dropoff to check it all and start networking the room.

The cleanroom materials have arrived now, with the exception of a sparky to run some power through the room and the flooring which is being ordered next week once the panels are all secured fast. Unfortunately the overkill filtration system has yet to appear so we will carry on running the smaller (current) unit for the time being which is enough for a 50 square metre space and should give us a little breathing room to get some more bottles filled when the flooring is fitted.

Timbers are all bound for arrival tomorrow which will hopefully mean that when the counter tops arrive with the rest of the shelving furniture it will be all built into a nice workspace for looking bored and/or packing parcels. It will mean that the partition wall can go up on the outside of the cleanroom which will be accessible via a strip curtain before entering the room itself - the stainless sink is in situ already in that zone which is also where the small filter unit will be placed after the big one arrives - it'll all be lovely and clean ;)

Just the stainless benches and racking to sort for the cleanroom storage left to organise I think when we finally get in and ready to roll.

My bank account is NOT happy...

Cleanroom update.

More than half the walls are done and look mint courtesy of my ever invaluable jeffhds who I'm not sure I will ever be able to let go home at this rate.

Small bit of walling left to finish, sparky coming Wednesday to put power in, flooring after that and then the partition to finish up for double entry and access to the washing area.

My furniture delivery has been cancelled for tomorrow which is a royal pain in the arse, the countertops won't arrive now until next week If I don't get my way with an earlier delivery day.

Yet more issues and delays but I'm seriously hoping that next Wednesday I have most things moved over temporarily and can open again.

Oh yeah and the phones and Internet are STILL not working so I'm getting a little pissed off by it all. I need to order replacement phones too as my already expensive new ones aren't quite expensive enough to have a profile that works on their system....

cleanroom2.jpgcleanroom3.jpgcleanroom1.jpgcleanroom4.jpg

The room pre and during progress.

13 hours done today and more (slow) progress.

Counter pretty much built and ready for sanding then primer and paint. All hand crafted by my fair self too ;)

Stud wall partially complete for the cleanroom first entrance which is a gowning/washing room of sorts and will be separately filtered from the main room itself. This obviously needs plasterboards on the external walls and then more cladding on the inside to match the cleanroom.

It's a complete tip and I can't see how i'm going to be back open on Wednesday but I'll try my very best and at least get the outstanding orders fulfilled. It may be though that after the orders have been fulfilled that I extend the closing period until after the weekend which may give me an opportunity to get things right. We still don't have counter tops or furniture but over the next couple of days the stock will be getting moved over once the dusty work has been finished and cleaned up.

counter1.jpg

counter2.jpg

counter3.jpg

space2.jpg

space1.jpg

Slow and steady wins the race. Better off delaying opening by a few days to make sure you are happybwith it x

No updates for a while?

Well here is a block update as progress has been made and is still ongoing.. *warning - photo heavy!

A few photo's of the unit in progress and close to completed. Most of the furniture is in and ready now, the counter is all setup as a primary packing station and somewhere for customers to have a stool and sample juices.

With the lights on it all looks very nice and modern which is how we wanted it and although it's a breezeblock building it kinda suits the rest of the modern feel.

Tonights job is to wall mount the speakers and get them off the desk area and then tidy up the abomination of the back section which will eventually be home to a couple of long span racks and another packing desk - we have a brew point already installed (and in use) and shortly will bring the espresso machine over too...

Not long now before we should be seeing plenty of visitors (we hope)

What do you all think? Like it? Love it? Loathe it? More importantly though - will you be visiting?

shopfront1.jpg

display1.jpg

box1.jpg

view1.jpg

booms1.jpg

counter1.jpg

shelving1.jpg

brew1.jpg

shopfront3.jpg

packing.jpg

shopfront2.jpg

PS.. I built that counter :) Screw buying something pre-made that isn't exactly what you want.

PlumeBlu looking great! I may have to take a trip down to see it in the flesh! You and your mini team have put a hell of a lot of effort into it and it really shows x

Back
Top Bottom