What's new

First time dripper, RDA advice

skc1989 you know I think you're onto something with the high ohm coil. I got caught in the trap of thinking lower ohms is best, and ignoring the importance wattage plays. I built a 3ohm coil using 28g, but it was like 13 wraps or something and it took a while to heat up that much coil at that thickness. I've ordered myself some 30Kanthal which I should get tomorrow, so I'll report back and let you know how I get on making, say a 2.4ohm coil. I'm thinking (eagerly hoping! :D ) thinner wire, higher ohms and a decent size coil (not too large) will make my dripper work on my MVP 2. I can make the most out of the wattage I have on the MVP 2 that way. I'd at least like to try and get it working decently on the MVP 2 before moving onto a new battery.

Phatboi Ta for the suggestion man. Glad you're diggin the plumeveil. It was a dripper I considered before buying my first dripper, in my case, the Veritas. I find the Veritas easy to build. I like how the plumeveil can hold that thick wire though, that is cool. I can't imagine putting thick wire under the screws I got with my Veritas. I'll consider the plumeveil when I'm using thicker wires. What's the flavour like using the Plumeveil? Thanks again for the advice.

Take it easy guys,

Lemon.

Yeah I struggles to get my 1ohm build firing at low watts when I used 25.5 g so went with thinner wire and it lights up straight away now, defo see if you can get it done with some lower resistance wire man. Look forward to hearing from you

skc1989 Higher resistance wire you mean. Thinner wire equals more resistance, right?

Anyway, made a 2.4ohm coil with 30 kanthal on my Veritas. It definitely heated up quicker. The flavour difference isn't good enough though, still! Maybe I should try 32kanthal, but I doubt that'd make enough difference either. I'm starting to accept I just need a higher wattage device. Then I go and look for an IPV 2 online and can't find the black version anywhere, or my usual supplier has had his paypal account suspended because paypal hate vaping, and the Sony 18650 VTC5 battery I'd want with the IPV2 seems to also be out of stock everywhere. Honestly, vaping seems like such a struggle sometimes. Are people really having a happy vaping experience. Someone please tell me they are.

PS: The only flavour that's been fairly acceptable on the dripper is Capella Blueberry. Blueberry has always been one of my favourite flavours. It gets 'toasted' at too high wattages though. I tried sweet tangerine flavour and hit the Veritas with continuous 11watt hits to really warm it up. The flavour started to come through slightly. These examples just reaffirm to me that I need more wattage for my dripper to work.

Yeah man, to be honest it seems that you do just need the higher wattage device man. My dripper doesn't even really fire on my mvp2 honestly.

Yeah I did mean higher resistance, thinner wire however you don't wanna go to high because surface area of the coils will also affect the flavour and heat up time. I've heard that bigger surface area does help with the flavour massively

skc1989 Yeah that's why I went with 30 kanthal, not 32. 32 for 2ohm coil would be too few wraps.

Anyway I'm going to start a new thread about looking for a new mod and setting out my requirements. Keep an eye out for it if you wanna get involved. I'll update this thread when I've got the dripper kickin! Cheers! :D

skc1989 you know I think you're onto something with the high ohm coil. I got caught in the trap of thinking lower ohms is best, and ignoring the importance wattage plays. I built a 3ohm coil using 28g, but it was like 13 wraps or something and it took a while to heat up that much coil at that thickness. I've ordered myself some 30Kanthal which I should get tomorrow, so I'll report back and let you know how I get on making, say a 2.4ohm coil. I'm thinking (eagerly hoping! :D ) thinner wire, higher ohms and a decent size coil (not too large) will make my dripper work on my MVP 2. I can make the most out of the wattage I have on the MVP 2 that way. I'd at least like to try and get it working decently on the MVP 2 before moving onto a new battery.

Phatboi Ta for the suggestion man. Glad you're diggin the plumeveil. It was a dripper I considered before buying my first dripper, in my case, the Veritas. I find the Veritas easy to build. I like how the plumeveil can hold that thick wire though, that is cool. I can't imagine putting thick wire under the screws I got with my Veritas. I'll consider the plumeveil when I'm using thicker wires. What's the flavour like using the Plumeveil? Thanks again for the advice.

Take it easy guys,

Lemon.

Flavour is good I run twisted 24 gauge at 0.17 ohms on my sigelei 100w box and it bellows like a trooper lol.

Back
Top Bottom