Innokin
What's new

Bad Taste.....

Superstormer

Postman
Hi all, dripping is completely new to me. I've got myself the Omega clone but I'm having some difficulty with it. I'm using 28g and cotton wick but I'm getting a really bad taste out of it. I'm only at 0.8ohm and have changed the wicks twice and have even tried silica to see if that was the problem.... Anyone any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Premier Ecigs
What sort of taste is it ?? Like the taste of burning, does burning have a taste or more of a smell ??? I'm confused now lol.
Anyway what box you using or what mod ??
It could be wicking or could be coils, let me know and I will try and help

Vape Green
Thanks guys. I'm using a revamped Maraxus Mod. I didn't like some of the parts on it so I changed them about. I have an Omega clone dripper, both coils are cotton wicked and pretty close to the air holes. I chanced the drip tip for my own comfort. If I take short bursts on it it's not too bad and then let the button out before I stop inhaling it seems not to bad. The taste I'm getting is like a burning taste, stings the back of your throat. I've tried to include a few photos if it's any help. ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1414161881.060661.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1414161914.426968.jpg

E-liquids.com
Thanks guys. I'm using a revamped Maraxus Mod. I didn't like some of the parts on it so I changed them about. I have an Omega clone dripper, both coils are cotton wicked and pretty close to the air holes. I chanced the drip tip for my own comfort. If I take short bursts on it it's not too bad and then let the button out before I stop inhaling it seems not to bad. The taste I'm getting is like a burning taste, stings the back of your throat. I've tried to include a few photos if it's any help. View attachment 36152View attachment 36153

The coils look a bit janky. Probably hot spots. Can the omega single coil? I suggest attempting that first.

Yeah defo reckon this could be due to hotspots with the coils being so 'janky' lol. To be fair I couldn't imagine another word which would describe just how wonkey they are lol. That is my new favourite word lol.
Here bro, will post a pic for you of my coils which aren't great but just make sure you dry burn first to ensue either are burning from the middle out evenly man.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414197666.176224.jpg
That's my duel coil setup now but if you decide to go single, a good one for flavour is the parallel like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414197707.155018.jpg
Need any help just drop me a pm or write back on here

AcmeFog
Some great looking coils there bro. I hope as time goes by I'll get better at the building. Watched loads of YouTube videos to try and get my builds right. At the minute I'm on a dual sleeper coil build. It's not bad at all, still very "wonky" though lol.....

I just ordered an Orchid V4 yesterday. Hopefully it will be easier to build on as the posts and deck are higher up than my Omega.

Smoore
Thanks guys. I'm using a revamped Maraxus Mod. I didn't like some of the parts on it so I changed them about. I have an Omega clone dripper, both coils are cotton wicked and pretty close to the air holes. I chanced the drip tip for my own comfort. If I take short bursts on it it's not too bad and then let the button out before I stop inhaling it seems not to bad. The taste I'm getting is like a burning taste, stings the back of your throat. I've tried to include a few photos if it's any help. View attachment 36152View attachment 36153

if short puffs taste ok that suggests poor wicking to me. theres a very fine line between a good wick and a bad one and the usual fix is less cotton.
so if all of the above suggestions dont work try less cotton as thats the classic symptoms for burnt taste especially if short puffs are ok.
if the cotton is too tight it wont wick quick enough hence the burnt taste. but do give it a good wash too in hot water to remove any machine oil that may be present

Back
Top Bottom