What's new

First time dripper, RDA advice

Lol sorry man. Only just saw this. Yeah basically all I'm gonna say is stop thinking, if you have the money go and get an ipv2 or wait for the ipv3 but I'm a 'I want it now' kinda guy lol.
Takes me a while to decide too so luckily I went into the local vape shop not knowing a lot about rda's or nod boxes and came out with my setup which I am more than happy with.
You really won't regret it man, trust me haha

Oh and the coils that I am using have definitely increased the battery life of my ipv2, 100%.

skc1989 Nice one. Glad to hear your setup is great for you. I spent two hours last night messing about with the 1.8ohm coil in my veritas, determined to get good flavour! My gf's getting better flavour from her mPT3 than I am from the veritas. I thought to myself what is fundamentally different between the mPT3 and the Veritas. One thing I realised was the airflow hole is much larger on the Veritas, so I made that smaller, not too much, but 3/4 shut. It did improve the flavour, but it's still not enough for me. Closing it even smaller reduced the flavour. I guess you only need the big airhole when vaping at high watts.

I also tightened up all the screws on the posts and made triply sure that there were no hot spots and that the coil was glowing evenly. I've begun to wonder if drippers just don't work well with high VG juices.

The IPV2 looks good and I said to myself the other day that if I came into some extra money then I'd buy it. Last night I won £100 on the lotto thunderball. Seems like a sure sign, but I'm still hesitant as I doubt just ramping the watts way up is going to bring my flavours alive, or is it? fuk knows.

I read this thread the other night: http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/f...s-with-cotton-making-me-not-want-to-vape.html
I'm having similar issues and understand that posters frustration. I know I haven't got vapers tongue because I'm vaping Aniseed and Cola high PG juice in my dripper now and it tastes nice. I can only vape so much PG before it makes me feel weird. As with that other linked to thread, I have also used standard cotton and muji with the same results. I am determined to get the Veritas vaping high VG juices well though. I just don't think buying a new battery will solve that. Wish me luck!

You defo have that the wrong way round man, drippers love high vg, I'm sure I even saw someone on here talking about almost 100% vg the other day. Just persevere and trust me you will be ok. Do me a favour man, build the coil and take pics in stages showing what's happening including the lighting up of the coils and let's see if we can get you tasting good lol.
I really do hope I can help man

Oh an also, trust me, you really won't feel bad having spent the money on the ipv2, it's awesome, I'm going down the route of building my own box mod next week I believe which should cost me around £25, how about giving that a go to save yourself some money instead ?

@skc1989 Yes I wll build a coil and take some pics. Might be a couple of days though before can take and post them. Thanks for the help. I thought it might be my DIY liquids, but I'm using good quality Capella flavourings and they taste good! (I added Bailey's Irish Cream to Pancackes this morning and just now added Sweet Tangerine to a plain Yoghurt and it tasted lovely! Might as well get some use out of them, lol!).

I've added more and less flavour, tinkered with the DIY a lot before I turned my attention to the dripper setup being the problem.

As for the IPV2, I appreciate your recommendation. Is it bigger than the MVP 2? I'm kinda bored of box mods, but maybe if it's a bit sleeker I may stay with a box mod. Funny that you mention building a mod yourself, as I was reading earlier about people using the MVP 2 casing and putting a DNA chip in it. I have no tools like soldering iron and stuff, so I dunno, if I need all that then maybe won't work out as cheap. I guess a soldering iron is cheap enough though. As for the aptitutde to do it, I dunno if I have that.

Last edited:
Soldering set can be picked up from local aldi store for around £7 lol. I have both the MVP and it's ipv so will show you the difference. It seems to me like the natural progression really lol. God I would be a good sales person hahaha. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414385624.993527.jpg
The ipv is a little wider, almost identical in length though depending what you sit ontop

@skc1989 Thanks a lot for the pic but personally a progression for me would be something smaller than the MVP 2, not larger. Maybe I'll change my mind though. What about the depth, is the IPV2 slimmer than the MVP 2?

Anyway for now I gotta get flavour sorted otherwise batteries are useless. I can't take pics of my coil setup yet, camera is broken and I'm waiting on a new one to arrive. I gave the Veritas a good old clean today, took everything apart and scrubbed it clean. It's still the same. I did clean it originally, but the first time I didn't take everything apart, so i wanted to eliminate it being dirty as the issue.

I've read that the Veritas performance can be 'off' so to speak if it is set up is incorrectly is just the smallest way. What kind of things could I be doing wrong? While I've got no pics I'll just list out how my coil looks and how I've set it up:

~ Horizontal single coil (tried 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm coils, attached negative leg to both right and left post screw with no difference in performance. Adjusted coil height centre to airhole, slightly above, further down, etc. Also adjusted coild very close to airhole and further away, etc.

~ I wrap the coils around a screwdriver from my precision screwdriver set.

~ Single vertical coil, same setups as above only vertial

~ 28 round Kanthal used from two suppliers, one from stealthvapes who I've read are reputable. I sometimes heat the kanthal first, sometimes just heat the coil once installed. Same performance either way.

~ Tightened and loosened the post screws. I found when the positive post screw was less tight that it performed slightly better, but the flavour difference was minimal.

~ Made sure the positive leg is straight and not too long.

~ Made the wraps close and further apart. Couldn't tell any difference.

~ Cut the excess wire as close to the post screws as I can. There is still a little wire showing, but hardly that much.

~ I have tried various juice flavours, anything from 70PG to 80VG. The PG flavours did taste much better but I got the same performance from a MPT3. The MPT3 is a good little device, but I've only got a T3S coil in it and I am expecting better performance from a dripper.

~ I've used Organic white cotton and Muji cotton. No difference is flavour.

~ I have used several different drip tips, from fairly wide to thin, all metal drip tips. I have no plastic ones I can try. Then again the MPT3 that I have has a metal drip tip, and I have no problems there.

~ I've tried vaping at different wattages, from 6 to 11 watts.

~ Adjusted the airhole, no major difference in flavour.

~ Tried various amounts of cotton, from loosely in the coil to more tightly packed. Also at first I made the wick tails so they just touch the bottom of the juice well. I have found though that when I use more cotton and spread it out at the botton of the juice well, the flavour 'slightly' improves. I've also added some cotton above the coil to try and draw the vapour through the airhole more. this didn't improve the flavour and made the draw too tight, so i don't bother anymore.

~ The coil glows nice and evenly and quickly. The vapour production is fine.

~ I've made coils from 1.1 to 2.1 ohms. No major difference in flavour.

Geez people if I've left anything out I'll post again, but I can't think of anything right now. Anything obvious I might be doing wrong? Anything at all? No suggestion is too small!

Last edited:
Hey lemon, it's a bit more narrow and it is way more powerful. It's absolutely brilliant honestly. There are smaller mods especially the ones on the mod makers section on here that are all made by our very own members. Absolutely brilliant craftsmanship.
After everything you have explained the only problem I can imagine is a wicking issue but as you have said that you have tried loads of different ways of wicking and coiling then it really is confusing. Can you build up to a 3 ohm coil or something like that and check that out. I tried to get my dripper to fire on my mpv and it wouldn't work. Well at least not very well and that's just due to the low voltage and wattage combination.
I hope someone else jumps on to tell you because it's crazy how many things you have tried to no avail. Once you get pics up it may be easier to diagnose

Plume veil, plume veil, plume veil!!!

Easy to build with big positive block, the holes can take triple twisted 24 gauge.
Loads of air flow options and the delrin insulator is awesome.
1:1 clones are cheeeep definitely worth a thought.

Owned one for a month and haven't looked at my ova dripper since.

P.s I also own an igo w6, nimbus, patriot and a trident.

Back
Top Bottom