What's new

50watt box modders

skc1989

Postman
Hey peeps,
Would like anyone with a 50 watt box modd or any box mod really to send in a pic of their best coil build for me. Let's see how everyone is vaping, oh and tell me if you chase clouds or flavour ?? Thanks people

For 30-60w builds I like the Royal 26 wire. Easy to build 0.5-0.8ohms on single coil.
I am also running a quid .27 kanthal micros at about 60w and that is working great, massive flavour.

I chase clouds and flavour and the royal is good for both but I can't get the flavour right with it at really high watts, for that I tend to go to twisted wires which seem to like tons of power.

Sent from somewhere inside a huge cloud!

I've recently been running triple twisted 0.25 mm kanthal at 8.4V, this gives(depending on ohms)output around the 110 watts.

The other night, I was rushing to recoil my RDA before a TV programme started so grabbed a very long length of 0.3 mm and quickly fashioned 2 coils. This dual coil build was checked and found to be 1.5 ohms, but I used it thinking I'd change it after the programme finished. It's outputting approx 50 watts but the flavour can melt my face it's so strong. The clouds are just as satisfying, but so much cooler.

The difference between the 8.4V and the 4.2 V boxes are markedly more enjoyable as no need modify the airflow, no need for wickedly thick power cables, no voltage drop as the drawn current is half the 4.2v so it's win/win.

Once all my bottles of "sub-ohm" juices are finished, the future juice DIY will not be needing hefty doses of concentrate so even cheaper.

The only thing is, I'll have to go hunt for 30+mm RDA's to allow enough room for some 0.4/0.5 mm wire in the coils, or even get to resume usage of the 1 x 0.1 mm flat ribbon kanthal I've still got a heap of:D

No pic, but I did have a Plume Veil with 24 gauge, 4 wraps dual coils coming in at 0.16 ohms. Ran that at 60-80W with a few juices. Not too bad. Really good flavour and clouds that filled the shop.

Will be recoiling the Mephisto tomorrow with 1 coil of 20gauge - if I can find stronger pliers that is!

Sewer rat, heat the wire first, will be able to wind it much easier lol.
Thanks for the responses people, after a day of vaping at 1 ohm oh my ipv2 at around 40 watts, I noticed that the flavour and clouds are much better than when I was sub ohming, not sure if I just accidentally wicked it better but I don't think I did. Looks worse if anything lol.
I picked up some 28g from a friend today as haven't had time to hit the shop so gonna see what I can get with a build a little north of 1ohm. Rather excited if it is an improvement on this as it honestly is awesome. May even upload a cloud but I'm a bit embarrassed of how untidy the build is haha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414014184.523883.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414014280.244147.jpg

Best I could do in the dark with a tablet, but specs are

1.54 ohm dual coils from 0.3 mm
8.4V from lipo cells
Mephisto base as it holds a little more juice than the Zenith
50/50 juice

Once I've finished the upload, I'll post a video on the clouds/coils thread(if I can find it, and the video turns out visible. If the video is shit, I'll do it again in daylight)

Attachments

• 1414018574218.jpg
    1414018574218.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 1414018942317.jpg
    1414018942317.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 66
I have just built a 1.7 ohm coil with 28g kanthal, around 16 wraps round a 2.5 mm drill bit. May have opened a little but yeah.
I can now say that I honestly believe that the higher ohm builds work much better for both flavour and clouds with this 50w box mod.
It honestly tastes and vapes amazingly. I'm just gonna keep trying to go a bit higher but am defo sticking with this build for a few days now lol. I love it. I'm sooo happy haha
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1414019952.923764.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1414019968.971576.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1414020011.676240.jpg

That's what I've been running on the 12v giggle box, its a zenith clone with 20wraps/side of .4kanthal on a 3mm screwdriver. I may try a build over the weekend using a 4mm screwdriver and .5kanthal, the giggle box likes to vaporise sub par coils and this build works well.

I do believe that to get the best out of these higher wattage box mods a 28mm + dripper is the way forwards, but many still need a good sub ohm build to deliver high wattage, that seems a waste to me tbh so I'll stick to unregulated lipo boxes, the current draw is just so much less.

Nah my box mod with my build of 28g kanthal, 16wraps either side, it's now coming out at 1.9 ohms after settling. I can push 50 watts through it at 8.5 volts no problem, and the taste and vape is awesome. They seem, in my opinion, to actually work a bit better with a build of over 1 ohm so I'm gonna see if it's any better with higher resistance

Back
Top Bottom