What's new

Help this idiot - nemesis clone

tobywonkanobi

Achiever
1st mech, please be gentle with me! ok I've screwed on the attie, screwed the mods pin up to it, attached the tubes, put in a battery, screwed on the base. It's not anywhere near connecting with the battery. I took the small tube out first, which I believe is for a kick. I've unscrewed the connection in the base to the point that's it nearly out completely, yet still nowhere near connecting with the 18650. Please help folks, I wanna get this running before bed! ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1413928996.756159.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

tobywonkanobi
There is another ring attached to the tube, its very small, approx 2-3mm, its for a safety fuse. I think its attached to your top cap in the photo. Take it off and you will have connection.

Take the third little ring from the top off.
if you havent taken the middle tube off do that too!

Pulled my hair out when i got my first one and gave the forum members loads of laughs!

Your switch assembly looks very long. Do you have a threaded, knurled screw in there you can tighten. You shouldn't be able to see that spring matey.

1st mech, please be gentle with me! ok I've screwed on the attie, screwed the mods pin up to it, attached the tubes, put in a battery, screwed on the base. It's not anywhere near connecting with the battery. I took the small tube out first, which I believe is for a kick. I've unscrewed the connection in the base to the point that's it nearly out completely, yet still nowhere near connecting with the 18650. Please help folks, I wanna get this running before bed! View attachment 35930

I don't have my Nemesis with me at the moment, but IIRC, there is another ring connected to the top cap that needs to be removed to fit a 18650 battery.

So, you should have:

atty > airhole ring > top cap > top half tube > base tube

The ring that needs to be removed is abut 5mm

This is all from memory, but I remember struggling with it until I found the small ring (no idea what its for - certainly not the kick ring, which you have already identified

So you don't feel bad here's an extract from a message I sent Rob stealthvape on Saturday when I got my V1 clone.

"I'm going to admit something. I got the v2 set up no bother, the ceramic drip tip is amazing and the switch is a dream. The v1 though. Ve just spent an hour trying to get it to work, I couldn't get it to fire in 18350, 18500 or 18650. I'd swapped the spring for the magnets, I thought I'd done something wrong there, but no. I compared each piece to a cheap FT nemmy clone I had and still I couldn't get it to fire.

So I was about to email you saying I think it's faulty when I thought I'll just watch the Todd review of it again and see him take it to bits I must be doing something wrong. And then he says, I'll just take the kick out.. I don't use a kick.

The threading is so good the kick ring was invisible. Of course it's all fine. I'm just a dick.

Thanks for the great product and great service."

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

tobywonkanobi
There is another ring attached to the tube, its very small, approx 2-3mm, its for a safety fuse. I think its attached to your top cap in the photo. Take it off and you will have connection.

Cheers for the speedy response. In one of these bits?ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1413929642.394174.jpg

Your switch assembly looks very long. Do you have a threaded, knurled screw in there you can tighten. You shouldn't be able to see that spring matey.

That's coz he has loosened the base cap/pin to the point its almost separate - I struggled with this when I got my first nemy and did exactly the same thing

It's at the top of the tube with the storm trooper on. Give it a twist opposite switch end. There's a very small 'tube' there.

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom