What's new

Updates to premises move

I think today is all about buying the racking and I am back to the unit again to measure up for hygiene PVC cladding panels. I can feel my card getting a hammering already and the few thousand I have put to one side isn't going to last very long :)

I have quotes coming in for a big HEPA filter on the room and I haven't even got around to the main sales space yet. eek.

Have you hung the PVC cladding before man ?

If the timing is right .. Ill try pop over give you a hand if you want ?

Its DEAD easy - but could defo do with a few hands to help on the bigger sheets, much swearing ensued when I did mine on my own

Have you hung the PVC cladding before man ?

If the timing is right .. Ill try pop over give you a hand if you want ?

Its DEAD easy - but could defo do with a few hands to help on the bigger sheets, much swearing ensued when I did mine on my own

I haven't done the full sheets before but have done a partial clad in my bathroom with similar stuff. Right now I have to work out what fixing method i can get away with as I realistically want to just use rivets rather than a full batten.

If I had a bigger pot of cash built up I would just pay someone to come in and do it but that would seriously dent my budget on everything else I think, the panels, joins and corners will be around £1k as it is and I have the rest of the unit to fit out as well as £1k on the air purification system.

I'll give you a shout when things are moving and if you fancy coming up for a vape, pizza and some PVC (oo-er) you would be welcomed :) I am sure you want to come and check the place out anyway ;)

I haven't done the full sheets before but have done a partial clad in my bathroom with similar stuff. Right now I have to work out what fixing method i can get away with as I realistically want to just use rivets rather than a full batten.

If I had a bigger pot of cash built up I would just pay someone to come in and do it but that would seriously dent my budget on everything else I think, the panels, joins and corners will be around £1k as it is and I have the rest of the unit to fit out as well as £1k on the air purification system.

I'll give you a shout when things are moving and if you fancy coming up for a vape, pizza and some PVC (oo-er) you would be welcomed :) I am sure you want to come and check the place out anyway ;)

do you need to use either ?
they stuff I got has a slot at the top and bottom that you glue to the wall .. then you flex the plate into place .. (you can dab glue on it as well) .. didn't need a baton

do you need to use either ?
they stuff I got has a slot at the top and bottom that you glue to the wall .. then you flex the plate into place .. (you can dab glue on it as well) .. didn't need a baton

They reckon that it needs 6 fixings per panel at 8x4 but looking at it that seems to be best done using rivets into the joins and edges and then the panels have no external fixings at all. They did say that adhesive can be used on smooth surfaces but my room is block so I think it would just be simpler with rivets

They reckon that it needs 6 fixings per panel at 8x4 but looking at it that seems to be best done using rivets into the joins and edges and then the panels have no external fixings at all. They did say that adhesive can be used on smooth surfaces but my room is block so I think it would just be simpler with rivets

wow .. the stuff I used just slotted into place .. what thickness you going for ?

Only 3mm I think.

Yeah thats what I have ...

it really Dont need rivets man... maybe on the top and bottom strips if its not a smooth wall .. dot and dabbing the adhesive on the back of the sheet will be more than enough

@jeffhds gets the first visitation to the empty place and positions himself nicely to where he will one day be looking after customers and orders - suits you, Sir!

jeff.jpg

Oh and once we have moved in the new bottles should be en-route too for 30ml and 50ml Colonel Boom's, pay no attention to the ill fitting label though as we are getting new ones to match the new bottles.

This particular bottle contains a secret elixir that will become known around Christmas time and hopefully accompanied with another two new juices too! It's another tangy fruit flavour that is based on a sorbet though :)

glass30.jpg

Quotes now awaiting for the cleanroom cladding which is pain in the backside being 10ft high walls (ie more expense) and with any luck work can start on that in a week.

The unit is great, the pictures don't do the size of it justice, Looking forward to seeing it kitted out.
photo(1).jpg
Very impressed with the new posh bottles they really look the part, just tucking into some pearl harbour.

Back
Top Bottom