What's new

Squape R Clone on Focal

Got a refund from M-Vapes, as they found 3 faults with it, so not a good experience. A Hana now faulty, a tankful of By Jove down the pan and the return Recorded Delivery postage as well, so an expensive failure for me.

Anyone know if the FT versions are any good, as I still want to give it a go.

Theres a new batch on ft with the glass tanks in place of pmma. Is probably worth holding out though, as its worth waiting for feedback on how the glass section is attached. Some versions use glue which

has caused leaking issues IIRC....so i'd say wait and see if they are the elusive 'o-ring' 1:1 versions!

Theres a new batch on ft with the glass tanks in place of pmma. Is probably worth holding out though, as its worth waiting for feedback on how the glass section is attached. Some versions use glue which

has caused leaking issues IIRC....so i'd say wait and see if they are the elusive 'o-ring' 1:1 versions!

I've ordered one of them and contacted them for some more info.

I've just got one to try from fasttech, it's the white box one with the pmma tank. The tank is held with orings, which is good. Defiantly no glue or silicone with this one. All in all its built well apart from one problem. The atty 510 seems to be causing me a few problems. The atty positive pin seems to float up and down when contact is made, it's pushing up the deck when its screwed onto a mod. I've manage to get it so it's making contact with the mod now, but I've noticed what was a 1.3 ohm build is now reading 1.6 on my hana. I will get it right, but it's going to take some modding I think.

As such I can't recommend this one to anybody as it stands until I figure out what's wrong with it and how to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I've just got one to try from fasttech, it's the white box one with the pmma tank. The tank is held with orings, which is good. Defiantly no glue or silicone with this one. All in all its built well apart from one problem. The atty 510 seems to be causing me a few problems. The atty positive pin seems to float up and down when contact is made, it's pushing up the deck when its screwed onto a mod. I've manage to get it so it's making contact with the mod now, but I've noticed what was a 1.3 ohm build is now reading 1.6 on my hana. I will get it right, but it's going to take some modding I think.

As such I can't recommend this one to anybody as it stands until I figure out what's wrong with it and how to fix it.

It's junk,lol.

The whole positive pin pulls all the way through and out the top of the atty with the ematal coated plate attached. It only has a small oring on the positive pin to stop it, it literally does nothing just pulls straight out the top. I've tried a grommet from kanger protank head to try and get the positive pin to hold but it doesn't. Not going to give up on it but please don't buy one of these. It's junk.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1413381717.631963.jpg

Last edited:
I see that M-Vapes have removed the clone from their website, not surprised, as it seems like everyone has lost out all round.

Just hoping FT actually get some in stock, otherwise the only option will be the real deal and I can't afford that at the moment.

maybe this can help a bit...i got one delivered this morning, the ft one with pmma (first listed version)

on arrival, blowing in to tank with a finger over the driptip and i could feel air escaping. This is easily fixed (for me)...when they stuff the pmma tank in it doesnt seat right/upsets the orings/make up a reason, but really just stick your finger in there and move the pmma around a bit so the orings sit in their channels right, and no more leaks.

510 pin: yeah, I dont like this arrangement. Take out the pin, find an old kanger coil silicone piece (the bottom piece). Cut the silicon thing so that the collar that stands proud is removed, leaving you with a tube-ish shaped oring. Add this to the 510 centre pin shaft and screw the thing back together. I tried it before using the spare oring in the packet but it wasnt beefy enough...the cut up kanger coil piece worked well (in addition to the small oring already fitted)

vaping happy since 10am

maybe this can help a bit...i got one delivered this morning, the ft one with pmma (first listed version)

on arrival, blowing in to tank with a finger over the driptip and i could feel air escaping. This is easily fixed (for me)...when they stuff the pmma tank in it doesnt seat right/upsets the orings/make up a reason, but really just stick your finger in there and move the pmma around a bit so the orings sit in their channels right, and no more leaks.

510 pin: yeah, I dont like this arrangement. Take out the pin, find an old kanger coil silicone piece (the bottom piece). Cut the silicon thing so that the collar that stands proud is removed, leaving you with a tube-ish shaped oring. Add this to the 510 centre pin shaft and screw the thing back together. I tried it before using the spare oring in the packet but it wasnt beefy enough...the cut up kanger coil piece worked well (in addition to the small oring already fitted)

vaping happy since 10am
I love posts like this ... by vapers who figure it out and make it work.

I ended up cutting a thick oring and laying it onto the lip inside the 510. That with the supplied oring seems to have done the trick. I've had a major short inside the deck somewhere though, but it seems to be intermittent. It's been alright all evening so a bit happier about it. Running it on my hana just in case. Tbh I only wanted one to try as I am looking at getting a new atty, a squape or erlkonigin. I've got a erlkonigin clone coming to try and now I've tried this. Once I've made my mind up I'll buy a genuine of whatever one I choose. I've got to say so far, I'm not bowled over by the squape, it's okay it's just not wow. Hope the erlkonigin suits me better.

I will wait for a clone in the UK I know will be decent.

I will refrain from posting it here as it always seems to result in legal issues and people reporting to Stattqualm.

Just be sure to know, one is coming, very soon :)

I will wait for a clone in the UK I know will be decent.

I will refrain from posting it here as it always seems to result in legal issues and people reporting to Stattqualm.

Just be sure to know, one is coming, very soon :)

Im with you on that one, on both points made

Back
Top Bottom