What's new

Updates to premises move

Colonelboom

Vendor
Well folks, after 6 weeks wait (yes, really 6 weeks just to get the unit ready and collect keys) we are now on the home stretch to moving PlumeBlu and Colonel Boom's into a decent sized unit.

The back room will now be kitted out as a cleanroom and mixing area rather than the original plan to keep that as a sales office - which would have been a massive waste of space when I thought about it. The great thing is that the breezeblock and concrete gives me a great scope for a basic cladded and filtered room and minimal problems getting it all nice and supremely clean. Being 6metres long and 4 metres wide will give a nice area in which to keep all the liquid production and bottling contained and to maintain our already high standards for cleanliness.

The front of the unit is going to be where the stock shelving and sales counter will sit along with my little office area, this will be a drop in shop complete with a bit of seating and of course refreshments available but isn't going to be a full on retail unit per-se. Much of the area behind the sales counter will be dedicated to racking for products and packaging and I till need to figure out a way of making the breezeblock walls look a little more inviting as we aren't allowed to paint them directly - all window dressing though!

The most important thing is to keep growing and with a 6 week delay in moving it has been hard to keep up let alone expand. Our juice production halted in preparation for the move which is why 30ml and 50ml bottles are still yet to come back into stock and then the next batch (bigger) is going to be created once we are moved in - hopefully with the new space it will afford us storage for much greater quantities.

For now though, more waiting :(

We have a 10 day wait for phone and broadband to come online and being retail we really can't operate without these being live. In the meantime much of my time will be spent co-ordinating the delivery of building materials for counters, racking, seating etc so it may be that PlumeBlu will close for a week shortly to give me a chance to concentrate on getting that done.

I only have a couple of pics for now, here is the new PlumeBlu and Colonel Boom's unit it it's bare canvas format (I didn't remember to take pictures of the bloody great heating and extraction system above as I doubt anyone would be interested. let's just say that a foggy environment won't be an issue when I switch it all on ;)

Cheers folks, sorry for the delays in getting moved - I know we have been a bit all over for the last few weeks and my usual level of organisation has severely suffered as a result.

unitblank.jpg
Main unit from the front shutter. It should keep us going for a little while I think.

cleanroomblank.jpg
What will become the cleanroom/mixing area - a real blank canvas ready for cladding out and making spotless

Nice to hear tings are finally coming together.

Lining paper? They look more like aerated blocks than medium densities, so it might stick. Failing that I guess wall hangings might be an option. Its a shame you can't just paint it would be by far the simplest solution.

Great news mate!

What about the aluminium framing and put up some plasterboard over it- they use that in our offices to good effect to make partitions etc.

I was thinking something similar :) In any case I think the colour of the walls is less of a priority than counters, displays and cleanrooms so I am not delving into it too much for the time being.

Keep up the good work PlumeBlu

You will need a bigger van (and a better driver) for next years vapefest :P

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I think I will be booking the JustDave transportation service for next year ;) Me and ZT will need a panel van if all goes to plan.

We aren't staying in the shonky Prince Rupert though ;)

Back
Top Bottom