What's new

Legal requirements when producing/selling e-liquid??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google 'label templates' there's a whole array of sizes, it would depend how big you wanted your labels to be i guess

I meant more a specific e-liquid related template TBH. But yes.. I use labels for other web stores/products I sell. Just need to find some smaller ones that will fit on the 5/10/30ml bottles nicely. I will go and have a look in staples when I get the chance to work out the size then order some from ebay or similar :)

I meant more a specific e-liquid related template TBH. But yes.. I use labels for other web stores/products I sell. Just need to find some smaller ones that will fit on the 5/10/30ml bottles nicely. I will go and have a look in staples when I get the chance to work out the size then order some from ebay or similar :)

You mean you want to steal someone else's template or for someone to produce you a boiler plate without doing any work? Most vendors in the UK use labels that aren't fully legislation compliant. You need to do some homework if you want to be - or risk TS intervention - which has happened.

They are all pretty much the same (the ones who want to be as legit as possible)
You must contain warnings, MG, ingredients, the toxic warning... Come up with your own though :) I have a 10ml and 5ml bottle here with the same labels just mini sized for the 5ml

You mean you want to steal someone else's template or for someone to produce you a boiler plate without doing any work? Most vendors in the UK use labels that aren't fully legislation compliant. You need to do some homework if you want to be - or risk TS intervention - which has happened.

No I don't want to steal one. On the ECITA site it suggests there is a label template that covers the legal requirements, but it's obviously not available to the general public or not that I could see anyway without paying a huge amount of cash. I'm quite capable of making the label, I just want to look at some for research purposes.

They are all pretty much the same (the ones who want to be as legit as possible)
You must contain warnings, MG, ingredients, the toxic warning... Come up with your own though :) I have a 10ml and 5ml bottle here with the same labels just mini sized for the 5ml

Yes, that's what I thought. I will buy a few bottles from different suppliers to check out what they have but I'm thinking big companies like LF have the correct idea. Thanks for the info.

You have to make sure you are very exact with the measurements of nicotine. Your labels will have to be fully chip compliment also. We mix up our own juice and it just wasn't feasible to make it at home as I have a young child who is into everything and two crazy dogs, We decided our best bet was to rent a small catering unit so we could produce our juices in a sterile environment thus also ensuring that no nastys end up in our juices.

Ok, raised warning triangles 20mm or bigger.

The nic levels represented in both mg per ml and nic %

The minimum warnings on the labels must read.
Toxic if swallowed (R25)
Very toxic in contact with skin (R27)
Keep locked up and out of reach of children (S1/2)
In case of accident or you feel unwell seek medical advice immediately
and show this label (S45)

You need a Toxic symbol with a minimum size of 1cm x 1cm

Each ingredient listed with %

Obviously child proof caps and it's an advantage to provide tamper proof seals

Expiry date

Batch number

Company name address and phone number although I'm not sure the phone number is required but you may as well

To make it more complicated, CHIP is being phased out to be replaced by CLP http://www.hse.gov.uk/ghs/eureg.htm

Ok, raised warning triangles 20mm or bigger.

The nic levels represented in both mg per ml and nic %

The minimum warnings on the labels must read.
Toxic if swallowed (R25)
Very toxic in contact with skin (R27)
Keep locked up and out of reach of children (S1/2)
In case of accident or you feel unwell seek medical advice immediately
and show this label (S45)

You need a Toxic symbol with a minimum size of 1cm x 1cm

Each ingredient listed with %

Obviously child proof caps and it's an advantage to provide tamper proof seals

Expiry date

Batch number

Company name address and phone number although I'm not sure the phone number is required but you may as well

To make it more complicated, CHIP is being phased out to be replaced by CLP http://www.hse.gov.uk/ghs/eureg.htm

Thanks for the information, I now see what Bryan means about most vendors not having all of this on the bottles now... mmm. A 1cm x 1cm toxic warning is almost the size of the whole label and not this size on ANY of my bottles. I'm starting to think this may be more hassle than it's worth and might just sell the domain name.

Some of the above is CLP and not CHIP I think which is why it may not be on some vendors labels.

It's only a hassle for as long as it takes to knock up the labels in photoshop then send them to the printers

Some of the above is CLP and not CHIP I think which is why it may not be on some vendors labels.

It's only a hassle for as long as it takes to knock up the labels in photoshop then send them to the printers

I guess so yeah. It seems almost impossible to get all that info on a label that size though, also I'm self employed (I have various web based ventures on the go, and get work where I can). I don't have a company name as such, and don't really want my home address on hundreds of e-liquid bottles. I normally use a PO box, and keep contact to email only where possible (this is hectic enough without people phoning me constantly, and would be very counter-productive for me).

I guess so yeah. It seems almost impossible to get all that info on a label that size though, also I'm self employed (I have various web based ventures on the go, and get work where I can). I don't have a company name as such, and don't really want my home address on hundreds of e-liquid bottles. I normally use a PO box, and keep contact to email only where possible (this is hectic enough without people phoning me constantly, and would be very counter-productive for me).

The price of starting up a business. Especially in this kind of industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom