What's new

Zna & Kayfun Problems

Lefty

Postman
Hi guys I'm having some serious problems with my ZNA 50. It will not read my kayfun lite clone. Tried a nautilus mini on it, it reads that but ohm reading varies from Vape to Vape.

Tried adjusting the centre pin for hours tonight and I can't get it to fire at all now.

Anyone got any advice? Other than don't buy a zna?

Thanks in advance.
Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Sounds like the centre pin on your Kayfun is not making contact try taking it out and putting a o ring in so it sticks out abit more

junglist was having a similar problem with his kfl clone not firing on his torchwood so we did a side by side comparison and found the the clone was very slightly shorter in the threaded section making it just slightly too short to make contact. The original fired up no problem. It worked fine on other stuff though I think.

It's what I suspected unfortunately.

I took the centre post out at the weekend, and tried leaving it ever so slightly looser, and it seamed to work.

Where would I put the o ring? At the bottom? Any ideas where to get one from?

Put the o ring on the centre post and then screw in to the atty and any small o ring should do.

Right an update, I've put an o ring on the kayfun, exactly where said, everything is tight and now the post sticks proud of the unit I.e. Should make a quality contact.

Can't get it to fire at all now.

Arrerrgghgggggg!!! Pulling my hair out with it!

You're not going to like this but, the centre pin holds the positive block in place and chances are when you loosed it then tightened it up again, you've moved the block and it's now shorting on the negative post. I've had the exact same problem, best way is to tighten the centre pin while holding the positive block with a pair of pliers so it can't move.

Boz

You're not going to like this but, the centre pin holds the positive block in place and chances are when you loosed it then tightened it up again, you've moved the block and it's now shorting on the negative post. I've had the exact same problem, best way is to tighten the centre pin while holding the positive block with a pair of pliers so it can't move.

Boz

Boz,

Thanks for the reply. The unit is working like a charm on my nemesis so I can only eliminate the fact that the kayfun is at fault.

Any other suggestions ?

Boz,

Thanks for the reply. The unit is working like a charm on my nemesis so I can only eliminate the fact that the kayfun is at fault.

Any other suggestions ?

As before it's going to be the positive in the 510 not making contact with the ZNA mate.

Maybe a fatter o ring required :)

Instead of using O rings pull the dripper tip off an old juice bottle then cut the dripper tip into rings with a craft knife . Then you can get the exact thickness of washer for the center pin , I have used this method many times with various atties that have none adjustable center pins.

steve

Back
Top Bottom