What's new

Squape R Clone on Focal

well i be not buying from m-vapes again .. when one email stated all the squapes they sent out was tested .. before sending .. and now thier at least 2 people same problem ..

The King Tu clone has major issues.

No way they should be sending out as they are.

They leak, and tanks are glued in with no O rings.

Glad I waited out...

does the deck wobble a bit mine from m-vapes the deck moves a bit .. plus having problems with coiling as when i tighten it down and adjust the coil the screw comes loose again ... plus no other 510 drip tip fits it only the one that comes with it .. oh plus when undoing the taank the chimney comes loose every time

I got one from m-vapes too. My only issues are the drip tip is really hard to remove and replace, I can't fit any of my own tips in it, and one post is slightly shorter than the other. No wobble on the deck and chimney stays put. You should get in touch with m-vapes and see if they will pay for return postage costs.

I'm hoping to pick mine up tomorrow, but it doesn't look too good now, rather gutted. Hopefully mine will be fine, but I won't count my chickens, maybe I should try for a genuine.

I did think the M-Vapes version would have been fine.

Last edited:
I got one on ebay, bloody nice it is too. However something in the 510 is causing a short if I screw the atty down all the way. If I back it off half a turn it works fine, but wobbles. Has anyone else had this? Could the 510 pin be too long?

Bob

well i be not buying from m-vapes again .. when one email stated all the squapes they sent out was tested .. before sending .. and now thier at least 2 people same problem ..

I'm not blaming M-Vapes, I've always had great products and perfect service from them.
I emailed Matt and told him about my issues and he made a couple of suggestions (less cotton etc in case that was making the chimney too tight)
I suggested that I wanted to spend a bit more time fiddling with it to see if I could solve the problems. I'm sure if the issues make it unusable then Matt will sort it. I think he's one of the best vendors I've found.

Deck clicks in and out just like the original on mine, no wobble at all.

My S deck that came with it slots in perfectly if I remove the posts. If the posts are on the deck will not go on because either the holes are in the wrong place or they are not big enough. I bought the original Squape R when it first became available and I can assure you that the difference in quality between the clone and original is massive.

I compared mine to one of my my friends originals and I can assure you that mine was pretty much identical bar the hue of the steel and the colour of the deck which is olive/grey as opposed to being olive. Threads are great and everything fits together really nicely - deck pops in and out with no problems and the threads are perfect.

Once the tank section comes in then I'll regard this as one of the best clones I've owned - up there with my Rose clone.

Well I just received mine from M-Vapes and it seems ok so far, the decks fit alright, the chimney fits alright, but the only problem is one of the posts comes out with the screw, but this is easily dealt with. I mucked up my coil, so it's only a 1.7, with some Muji cotton and it is working fine at the moment, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for any potential leaking issues.

I do like the airhole wide open, which gives a very airy draw. One thing with this is that it's quite noisy, when compare to the Heron, KFL+V2 and Rose V2 clones, but overall, I wish there was a box with it and not just the black pouch, which is ok I suppose, just me quibbling.

Looks like I might have been rather lucky.

Changed the coil to a 0.6, with some organic cotton and that seems to be performing well at 20w and no leaking, looking good.

Last edited:
Well I just received mine from M-Vapes and it seems ok so far, the decks fit alright, the chimney fits alright, but the only problem is one of the posts comes out with the screw, but this is easily dealt with. I mucked up my coil, so it's only a 1.7, with some Muji cotton and it is working fine at the moment, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for any potential leaking issues.

I do like the airhole wide open, which gives a very airy draw. One thing with this is that it's quite noisy, when compare to the Heron, KFL+V2 and Rose V2 clones, but overall, I wish there was a box with it and not just the black pouch, which is ok I suppose, just me quibbling.

Looks like I might have been rather lucky.

Changed the coil to a 0.6, with some organic cotton and that seems to be performing well at 20w and no leaking, looking good.

have you tried changing drip tip yet ?

Back
Top Bottom