What's new

Yet another question

I'm finding it all a little daunting at the mo, possibly because the coil is the only variable so I can't change anything once the coil is in.

I've only got 28g kathal at the mo, and both builds have come out at 1.35 and 1.41 ohms....even tho I was aiming for 1.6ish so more experimenting to do I think! I think with adjusting for the coil legs being opposite I must have done one wrap less than I needed.

The hardest part for me is getting the coil legs to stay under the screws. So ruddy fiddly to get them in place and then nice and tight. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I think 1.3-1.4 on a mech with a Kayfun should be ok and you should be fine with the wire that you are using although personally I use 0.28 or 0.3. I find that you want about 1mm between the air hole and coil. That wire you are using is quite thick so you do have to remember it won't vape like an Evod straight off the bat because it takes a second or so to get the coil up to temp.

On a side note, I don't think a kick will work in a 4nine as you have no tolerance with the 4nine. The kick adds around 5mm to the length of your battery and usually between adjusting your button and top-cap you can accommodate that, however the 4nine has no adjustments.

Sorry, but I used a kick in a 4Nine with no problems. Both in 18350 mode and in 18500. Obviously, not in 18650 mode.
It worked well, but as I was only trying it to see whether it was viable.

Kayfun on a mech, any mech = 1.0hms or below, and be a scrimper with the wicking. Kayfuns hate being over stuffed.

Kayfun on a mech, any mech = 1.0hms or below, and be a scrimper with the wicking. Kayfuns hate being over stuffed.

I've found that as long as you leave the air hole well clear, the Kayfun doesn't mind being over stuffed. But the juices do. For custard type juices I for a thick wick to prevent the juice burning but for fruity types a thinner wick is better.

I bet you wish you hadn't started this thread. You can't be any wiser now than before.

It just shows how the huge number of variables and our own preferences affect the outcome.

You're obviously serious about vaping, so just keep experimenting.

I bet you wish you hadn't started this thread. You can't be any wiser now than before.

It just shows how the huge number of variables and our own preferences affect the outcome.

You're obviously serious about vaping, so just keep experimenting.

In still not sure what to do...but I am a more informed not sure what to do person!!

I have ordered a kick, only £13, to see if that will give me some idea what watts range work well for me for this tank. Once I know that I will have a smaller ohms range to play with. I'm struggling with the idea of rebuilding over and over, making every variable of coil to try and find what works best for me. So I figured a kick might point me in the right direction, and make experimenting a little less disappointing....

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Actually, its not, it just looks a lot more. Don't forget that the coil is only 2mm inside diameter!

your vaping at 11watt ?

Sorry just to add to the above post.

I used the kayfun on the MVP >Mods (with kick/ without kick) > dna 30

By far my personal experience in order dna30> mvp2> mods withoutkick > mod with kick

issue:
mod without kick - not a stable vape, fantastic for 1o mins then crappy - too much power, burns wick easy - fast, need change wicks regular, tastes crappy.

mod with kick - no matter what seem to need more power.

Mvp good, but at 11 watts, i think the battery cant give the power quick enough, so needs to be used at like 10watts.

DNA 30 is fantastic with a sont vt5, lasts for ever at 11 watts, coil seems to get instant power. consistant vape - highly recommend - i got one for £27 so its a no brainner.

Last edited:
your vaping at 11watt ?

Sorry just to add to the above post.

I used the kayfun on the MVP >Mods (with kick/ without kick) > dna 30

By far my personal experience in order dna30> mvp2> mods withoutkick > mod with kick

issue:
mod without kick - not a stable vape, fantastic for 1o mins then crappy - too much power, burns wick easy - fast, need change wicks regular, tastes crappy.

mod with kick - no matter what seem to need more power.

Mvp good, but at 11 watts, i think the battery cant give the power quick enough, so needs to be used at like 10watts.

DNA 30 is fantastic with a sont vt5, lasts for ever at 11 watts, coil seems to get instant power. consistant vape - highly recommend - i got one for £27 so its a no brainner.

About 14 watts ish on a mech :-)

Back
Top Bottom