What's new

How Do You Vape At 0.17 Ohms

Big Kev

Achiever
Just for an experiment, I put a dual coil, (5 wraps of 0.5mm Kanthal on a 1.8mm screwdriver, coming out at about 0.17 ohms, with some Muji cotton) in the Plume Veil and put some of the 100% VG, 0 nic juice that I just made up and gave it a go with the Nemesis.

I then nearly blew my head off, any draw was too much, leaving me coughing, so I ripped out the coils and built a more sensible 0.27 set up, which was far better, producing the clouds that I was after.

How can people vape that low and are still able to get a lung inhale?

More air for better coil cooling and a faster draw, 1-2seconds only to fill your lungs.

More air for better coil cooling and a faster draw, 1-2seconds only to fill your lungs.

1 second was far too much, making me cough my lungs up.

Chrisvapehead just told me the 35A efest purple's might have had something to do with it, I didn't realise they were inferior to the 30A's, would my VTC4's be a better bet?

Just for an experiment, I put a dual coil, (5 wraps of 0.5mm Kanthal on a 1.8mm screwdriver, coming out at about 0.17 ohms, with some Muji cotton) in the Plume Veil and put some of the 100% VG, 0 nic juice that I just made up and gave it a go with the Nemesis.

I then nearly blew my head off, any draw was too much, leaving me coughing, so I ripped out the coils and built a more sensible 0.27 set up, which was far better, producing the clouds that I was after.

How can people vape that low and are still able to get a lung inhale?

Difficult one this. I have my Plume Veil currently set up at 0.1ohm with jap cotton. 90% VG. Big clouds, big vapour. And I lung inhale. Maybe our resident hooligan Raguri Can shed more light on this.

Lung conditioning.
Airflow.
Technique.
And the main thing is lowering yourself down gently.
I vape a lot lower than 0.17.... I don't advise it at all, but, I'm.used to it.
I can.lung my competition spec build for a good 5 seconds before my.lungs are full as im used to it.
But, if I hand it to anyone else who doesn't chase clouds pretty much 24/7... they cough up a lung xD

Last edited:
Regularly run sub on genny
Wicks are heatsinks

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

I have a PV,took a drill to the slots as 0.5 ohms @ 8.4V was hotter than lava.

Well it was just too hot and powerful for me, so I'll stick with the 0.27 for now, as spraying my insides all over my monitor doesn't appeal.

The only way I can vape 70W+ is with a Mephisto in very short bursts around 1 second. Sometimes I will give it 2 bursts on one inhale so it cools for a second between. I like the mephisto because of the huge air holes, at very low resistance you need to inhale hard!

Don't forget that the power source makes a huge difference at these very low resistances, and may explain some difference in experience. At 0.1Ohm my 2x18650 VTC'5 box mod gives around 90W at the atty, put the same atty on my LiPo box and that gives nearer 140W at the atty, that's a big difference!

I made the noob mistake of going down to 2.5 ohm when I was only used to 0.7 and promptly did my best to throw a lung up!
Now with a more sensible approach of better technique and gently lowering resistance I'm comfortably vaping at 0.3.
My second noob mistake was not joining Planet earlier and missing out on valuable adivice from more experienced vapers
You live and learn/cough up a lung and learn.

Back
Top Bottom