What's new

Yet another question

Wait 'til your Plume Veil and Magma come thro' the post, then you'll be a in a world of - ooh smeg, what coil to build!!

I did 2 builds on my old Kayfun, 1.2 and 0.7 ohms and I have to say the 1.2 build had the better flavour. Ran both on my 4nine.
That coil calculator is great, got me thro' my first few builds.

Just keep building coils, may be a bit of a drag, but you'll learn quickly what wire and how many wraps makes what ohms.

Firstly, what battery are you using? You may need to go drop your resistance to get the best from the Kayfun so make sure your battery can handle it.

It may vary with different mechs, but I've found that something around 1.0 ohm with 0.3 wire is best for a Kayfun on a mech. Raise the coil high above the deck.

Wait 'til your Plume Veil and Magma come thro' the post, then you'll be a in a world of - ooh smeg, what coil to build!!

I did 2 builds on my old Kayfun, 1.2 and 0.7 ohms and I have to say the 1.2 build had the better flavour. Ran both on my 4nine.
That coil calculator is great, got me thro' my first few builds.

Just keep building coils, may be a bit of a drag, but you'll learn quickly what wire and how many wraps makes what ohms.

I'm finding it all a little daunting at the mo, possibly because the coil is the only variable so I can't change anything once the coil is in.

I've only got 28g kathal at the mo, and both builds have come out at 1.35 and 1.41 ohms....even tho I was aiming for 1.6ish so more experimenting to do I think! I think with adjusting for the coil legs being opposite I must have done one wrap less than I needed.

The hardest part for me is getting the coil legs to stay under the screws. So ruddy fiddly to get them in place and then nice and tight. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Firstly, what battery are you using? You may need to go drop your resistance to get the best from the Kayfun so make sure your battery can handle it.

It may vary with different mechs, but I've found that something around 1.0 ohm with 0.3 wire is best for a Kayfun on a mech. Raise the coil high above the deck.

I'm using a purple efest 18650, with 28g kanthal and cotton

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Based on ohms law your 1.4ohm coil will be giving you about 9.5 watts when the battery is at about 3.7volts which sounds about right for recreating your sweet spot in tems of pure numbers. However you may find your sweet spot to be higher or lower on a different set up so that isn't necessarily a guide. Although I haven played with the kayfun yet I would advocate playing with the position of the coil relative to the airflow as that can make a surprising amount of difference to the vape. Basically yes :P it is trial and error lol :)

1.2 ohms on a Kayfun FTW :-)

Angle the coil to make wicking easier.

20140902_164319_Android_zpsf44a044f.jpg

20140902_164550_Android_zps976fbbeb.jpg

20140902_164856_Android_zps5a70a256.jpg

HMM interesting, that's a massive amount of wick. Im surprised it works good and doesn't block juice channel, or burns the wick on the coil.

Ive found that 1.4-.1.6 is best. But ive been using 0.28, so to get lower requires less coils. I guess less surface area on the wick equals less flavour

So its a stand off between number of coils vs keeping resistance low.

And i have no idea why but im vaping on 11watts on a dna, which is completely different from 11watts on my old mvp2. Dont think it had the power to heat the coil fast enough, it got there in the end... but nah :P

HMM interesting, that's a massive amount of wick. Im surprised it works good and doesn't block juice channel, or burns the wick on the coil.

Ive found that 1.4-.1.6 is best. But ive been using 0.28, so to get lower requires less coils. I guess less surface area on the wick equals less flavour

So its a stand off between number of coils vs keeping resistance low.

And i have no idea why but im vaping on 11watts on a dna, which is completely different from 11watts on my old mvp2. Dont think it had the power to heat the coil fast enough, it got there in the end... but nah :P

Actually, its not, it just looks a lot more. Don't forget that the coil is only 2mm inside diameter!

Back
Top Bottom