What's new

Yet another question

DakotaMai

Achiever
Evening all,

I have recently bought a kayfun and 4nine after using Evods and vv batteries. I had found my 'sweet spot' to be about 4.1v on a 1.8ohm coil.

Now I've switched to the kayfun I'm not getting the depth of flavour I'm used to with the above set up.

My first (and only) build is a 1.4ohm single coil.

I worked out that the watts of my vape on the Evod would be around 9-9.5w.

So, to hit the same, or better depth of flavour, do I need to build to try and hit the same watts? Or is it purely trial and error with my coils ohms?

I have a Vamo on order from FT, which will make it easier to play with the watts to find the sweet spot of each juice/coil, but is there anything I can do in the meantime to improve the flavour with the 4nine?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Having had a :whipping2:last night I can only offer advice on the 4Nine. If it is the same as mine it will quite happily handle 0.3 ohm (18650), but beware that the magnet may drop out the ring that goes on the bottom of the battery at high current draw/heat and cause constant firing.

Having had a :whipping2:last night I can only offer advice on the 4Nine. If it is the same as mine it will quite happily handle 0.3 ohm (18650), but beware that the magnet may drop out the ring that goes on the bottom of the battery at high current draw/heat and cause constant firing.

I definitely don't want to try sub ohming or anything. I'm a bit nervous about all that stuff. I'm just interested how to find that sweet spot without having to build god knows how many coils in the process.

I know that I like the vape I get at 9-9.5w on the Evod so do I aim for that? Or will the kayfun be completely different at 9w so I just need to play to find the right build?

I know it's all subjective but I could do with some advice on where to start....

Try a Kick in the 4Nine M'dear, it would give you control that would probably help get you the results that you would like.;)

Try a Kick in the 4Nine M'dear, it would give you control that would probably help get you the results that you would like.;)

Please excuse by newbie ignorance but what is a kick?

Lovely 4nine by the way. Got it from some nice bloke on a forum somewhere

i think you just need to try different builds to find your sweet spot with the kayfun. i used to use a VW device with an aerotank with stock 1.8ohm coils and 10-11 watts was lovely. when i first got a mech and a kayfun i coiled it for the same wattage and found it pretty meh. i ended up settling on builds around 0.8-0.9ohms on the kayfun for my sweet spot, which is up around 20 watts. this was using the same juice in both tanks btw.

i think you just need to try different builds to find your sweet spot with the kayfun. i used to use a VW device with an aerotank with stock 1.8ohm coils and 10-11 watts was lovely. when i first got a mech and a kayfun i coiled it for the same wattage and found it pretty meh. i ended up settling on builds around 0.8-0.9ohms on the kayfun for my sweet spot, which is up around 20 watts. this was using the same juice in both tanks btw.

Thank you, this does help.

It's quite hard, especially when you're new to all this, to know if to build higher or lower resistance coils. I guess I will be spending the next couple of days experimenting!!

I don't use a kick, but basically it will give you a constant voltage. A (good) freshly charged battery will produce something like 4.2 volts, dropping as you use it. a kick will give you a constant wattage, without it your wattage will lower as power in the battery is used.

If you want to get going straight away gen up on Ohms law, and don't get too bogged down in the technical bits as this calculator can help no end.

For the vape you favour at the moment, assuming your battery pushes out 3.7v a coil of about 1.7 - 1.6 ohms should do it.

Edit: forgot to add, some 4nine clones will allow for a kick, but I believe the original or 1:1 won't...am prepared to be corrected.

Last edited:
I don't use a kick, but basically it will give you a constant voltage. A (good) freshly charged battery will produce something like 4.2 volts, dropping as you use it. a kick will give you a constant wattage, without it your wattage will lower as power in the battery is used.

If you want to get going straight away gen up on Ohms law, and don't get too bogged down in the technical bits as this calculator can help no end.

For the vape you favour at the moment, assuming your battery pushes out 3.7v a coil of about 1.7 - 1.6 ohms should do it.

Thank you

I have been playing with the steam engine calculators for the last hour or so, and I am pretty sure I understand the ohms law and the limits of my batteries, so I guess it's a bit of trial and error until the Vamo arrives.

I'll have a play with a couple of different coils and see what happens.

Thank you

I have been playing with the steam engine calculators for the last hour or so, and I am pretty sure I understand the ohms law and the limits of my batteries, so I guess it's a bit of trial and error until the Vamo arrives.

I'll have a play with a couple of different coils and see what happens.

Have fun, stay safe (gahhh! sound like my dad now)

Back
Top Bottom