What's new

Genesis style at ties

Bazz_74

Postman
What are the pros and cons to these? I'm still fairly new to RTA but am happily building on my Smok RSBT, just wondering about my next possible purchase.

What are the pros and cons to these? I'm still fairly new to RTA but am happily building on my Smok RSBT, just wondering about my next possible purchase.

in short gennies are a bit of a ballache to build and they can leak if you knock it over.
Pros - they excel with certain juices.

i wouldn't go back to one but many people still love them.

can you be arsed with a dripper?

Supposedly, according to those who can build one with mesh and ss rope (i am not one of these people) it doesn't leak and has better flavour than anything else. Also, the build lasts months.

Love the Kraken, very versatile and a great vape. can be a bit trying to start with but worth the effort. Still my choice of a weekend evening.

can you be arsed with a dripper?

in a word, no! I don't cloud chase and don't do crazy sub ohm build (never less than 0.8, usually around 1-1.2) and I like to have a tank full of juice.

in a word, no! I don't cloud chase and don't do crazy sub ohm build (never less than 0.8, usually around 1-1.2) and I like to have a tank full of juice.

You can pick up a Kraken clone fairly cheap.

I am a fan but some struggle with the building / mesh / hot spot scenario.

You either love them or you hate them, I am in the love category but I know plenty of competent coil builders who just cannot master a gennie.

Give one a go, no harm in trying.
I think there's a cheap Kraken clone in the classies now for £14 delivered.

Its not all about cloud chasing with drippers though. The flavour is bang on with almost any juice. Microcoil + cotton = jobsagoodun. Although they aren't the best for portability but having said that I'd rather take a dripper out than a genesis.

Do you need to cart it about with you or is it an "at home" job?

How are you building your RSBT? Not at all familiar with it but it looks a bit like a Kayfun. Tried it on a microcoil yet?

IAlthough they aren't the best for portability but having said that I'd rather take a dripper out than a genesis.

Ha, should of clarified - I'm an old fart that sits at home with the feet up on weekend evenings.....

Its not all about cloud chasing with drippers though. The flavour is bang on with almost any juice. Microcoil + cotton = jobsagoodun. Although they aren't the best for portability but having said that I'd rather take a dripper out than a genesis.

Do you need to cart it about with you or is it an "at home" job?

How are you building your RSBT? Not at all familiar with it but it looks a bit like a Kayfun. Tried it on a microcoil yet?

Building the RSBT with micro coils and cotton and the flavour is fantastic. It would be an at home job, but I just can't be arsed with topping up all the time that is required with a dripper, much prefer to have a tank full.

I love both drippers and gennies for flavour
gennies can be time consuming and the wick needs a couple of tanks to bed in
but with fruit and tobacco IMHO no tank can touch them
If you have a regulated device then gennies can be easier to build and will vape superb, but you will need some power IMO 15 Watts and up
And there will always be a fail who posts gennies are satans spawn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom