What's new

First time dripper, RDA advice

lemon22

Postman
Hi,

I've had a kayfun lite plus for a couple of months now, making microcoils with cotton. I'm after an RDA now as well as I like the idea of dripping because I have a lot of flavours that I can't be bothered using a tank of, and that I just want to get rid of a bit at a time. Plus I just generally love the idea of going from one flavour to the next without having to go from one tank to another. I really LOVE! the idea of that actually. I'll still use my kayfun and other tanks so I'm not getting through too much liquid by dripping only.

Anyway I've done a bit of research. I'd like one that is able to have single coil on, as I considered the Stillare V2 but I read that you can only use dual coil, I think. Adjustable airflow. Has a drip tip with it would be handy. I don't mind clone ones. I would also like bigger clouds of vapour, as I was a bit disappointed that the kayfun doesn't produce that much, even on 1.1ohm coil. Flavour takes precedence though, definitely flavour first! It's just I wanna bit of the cloud action, looks fun! :D

Bought my kayfun clone from Mvapes and it has been fine, not exceptional but I think that's down to my experience level, or wicking materials, whatever, I nearly give up trying to figure it out. So here's a list of Mvapes RDA's they supply: RDA rebuildable dripping atomizers - M-Vapes

I don't have to get it from there, so any and all suggestions welcome if it's not contained in the above link.

Thanks a lot,

lemon.

Well I got my Quasar from M-Vapes. Probably a better option in my opinion than the Stillare because you can single coil it and close off the other air hole. Dead easy to build, cheap price. Only downside is a small juice well.

Tobh is a very good atty but works best in dual coil. Chucks the vapour.

Origen is another option I've read good things about it, large juice well too. I think you can do single or dual with the air flow option. No idea how hard it is to build.

Then of course there is the Plume Veil. Waiting on mine to arrive at present but it has a ton of airflow options for single/dual etc.

Oh and I guess I should mention the Magma before someone else does. You can't get that from M-vapes at present. Very deep juice well, stupidly easy to build. Dual or single coil, various air flow options. Great flavour, reasonable vapour depending on build. Personally I like other Rda's I have more so I'm not a massive Magma fan.

Last edited:
Chris_vapehead Thanks for the quick reply. The Quasar looks out of stock at the mo, on that site at least.

I could make dual coil I suppose. I'm willing to put the time in to learn, but it's just nice if it works fine in single and dual, so maybe that puts me off the Tobh. Origen sounds like a good solution to this from what you say. I don't really see how hard it can be to do a single coil, unless they're just really fiddly devices I suppose, weird decks n all that. Anyway I'm new with drippers so I dunno.

Yeah that Plume Veil looks goood man. I didn't spot that one originally, but now it's caught my eye. Doesn't seem to come with a drip tip, but I got this one: M-vapes stainless steel 510 Drip tip - M-Vapes anyway so should do?

Never heard of Magma, sounds interesting though. I was looking at the 3D, getting carried away lol, but I don't think it's for me coz it's too much like a tank. What's the point in dripping if you can't change the flavour so easily. Well to me there's no point, but I guess I see the appeal of the 3D.

Chris_vapehead Well thanks man, really appreciate the feedback and help. These RDA's look so sweet. Can't wait to get one, just which one. So many to choose from, hmm...

lemon.

@lemon80. You are very welcome but bear in mind it's only my opinion based on rda's I have or have read about in various reviews and comments on the forums. A lot of my suggestions are based on my own personal preferences. So rather than rushing off to make your first purchase wait for other members to comment because we won't all agree on what is best. :)

Oh the appeal of the 3D dripper for some is due to the way you can set it up with its own special connector so it sits lower on a Nemesis mod.

@Chris_vapehead Np's man, aint gonna sue ya if I don't like the product, lol, it's my decision n I aint gonna rush it. I appreciate the personal preference response more than someone just saying "Well I've read in an article that this is good". That's what a forum is about to me. Vendors will always say they're the best in the world, blah blah, course, what else.

Does the Tobh have adjustable airflow?

Thanks,

lemon.

Last edited:
I went with the tobh as my first RDA (except for a very basic octopus) and I have been enjoying it, but I have nothing to compare it to yet so it is difficult to recommend it. There is adjustable airflow, but it can't be closed off on one side of the attie independently so it really is a dual coil device. Single coils would either need the application of a bit of tape to the attie or you would lose a lot of the flavour and vapour.

I haven't found dual coiling to be that tricky, but I am quite good with fiddly stuff so maybe that is just me. If you are already coiling the kayfun I can't imagine you having issues with any RDA.

One thing I would say is worth looking for is a nice deep juice well, as this helps stop leaks and extends the length of time between top ups, the tobh has one as does the magma, which is what I have just ordered as my second device. I am not sure about the others as I haven't researched them myself.

@Chris_vapehead Np's man, aint gonna sue ya if I don't like the product, lol, it's my decision n I aint gonna rush it. I appreciate the personal preference response more than someone just saying "Well I've read in an article that this is good". That's what a forum is about to me. Vendors will always say they're the best in the world, blah blah, course, what else.

Does the Tobh have adjustable airflow?

Thanks,

lemon.

No worries I wasn't expecting you to sue me. :D I just meant that as it's your first ever rda I'd rather you got a fully informed opinion from various people so you won't end up unhappy with your purchase or have a poor vaping experience.

To be honest most good vendors are very helpful and many will advise you but sure they want you to buy their stuff too. Be also wary of youtube reviews that tell you every rda ever made is "Sick as tits". ;)

@Diche is totally right. The Tobh is so easy to coil, even doing it dual. I don't normally enjoy doing dual coils but the Tobh was the first rda I found it really easy to do. Now maybe I just got better at them over time or it's because the Tobh is very easy to work with. Combination of both I think. Also as mentioned if you can coil a Kayfun then building the Tobh is not going to present problems.

My Plumeveil arrived from M-Vapes today and I have to say I really like it. Very easy to build and I mean very easy. You can do single or dual. Loads of air flow options. This thing chucks vapour, really chucks it. It's like old London town in here at the moment. :D With both air flow options wide open I think there is some loss of flavour but considering how much vapour its putting out I can't say I mind. Close one of the cyclops air holes off and it still chucks vapour, when in that mode flavour is actually very, very good. I'm not sure if the flavour is as refined as say my Veritas but it's very enjoyable all the same. One slight negative is one of the centre post screws is very tight and needs a bit of force to screw down but to be fair the product does come with spare screws. The whole thing comes apart really easily which is great. I'm only running a 1.0 ohms single coil in there at present so I can only imagine what it will be like with dual coil and a sub ohms coil. Very pleased with it at the price.

If you decide on the Plumeveil from M-Vapes then afterward go to Check and Vape. You can find them in the vendor forums. Get yourself a wide bore delrin drip tip because it fits perfectly on the Plume.

At the end of the day the choice is of course yours. :)

Last edited:
I'm new to dripping and have 5 here that I'm trying to get to grips with :

1. Origen V1 - My first ever dripper....took a few goes before I worked out that I should be using horizontal coils, but then it was awesome! I happened to be using VG heavy juice (ruthless swamp thang) and the flavour and vapour blew me away. (dual parallel at 0.7ohms on a mech). A little fiddly to secure the wire under the neg screws though.

2. Magma - A total piece of piss to build, it couldn't be any easier! Lovely deep well and great flavour.

3. Plume Veil - I have to try this again soon, I accidentally built at 0.3ohms and it was like sucking on a steam trains spout....loads of vapour and hot as fuck, burnt my mouth even with all airflow open. Anyway, I tried again with my favourite dual parallel build and was underwhelmed, very little flavour until i closed up almost all of the airflow.

4 & 5. Igo-W and Omega - I haven't tried building on these, they have holes in the posts for coil legs, but they're lower than the side of the deck. So I guess you have to put the legs under the top of the screws. I'm not sure if I'll even bother, time will tell.

HTH, Russ

Hi,

I've had a kayfun lite plus for a couple of months now, making microcoils with cotton. I'm after an RDA now as well as I like the idea of dripping because I have a lot of flavours that I can't be bothered using a tank of, and that I just want to get rid of a bit at a time. Plus I just generally love the idea of going from one flavour to the next without having to go from one tank to another. I really LOVE! the idea of that actually. I'll still use my kayfun and other tanks so I'm not getting through too much liquid by dripping only.

Anyway I've done a bit of research. I'd like one that is able to have single coil on, as I considered the Stillare V2 but I read that you can only use dual coil, I think. Adjustable airflow. Has a drip tip with it would be handy. I don't mind clone ones. I would also like bigger clouds of vapour, as I was a bit disappointed that the kayfun doesn't produce that much, even on 1.1ohm coil. Flavour takes precedence though, definitely flavour first! It's just I wanna bit of the cloud action, looks fun! :D

Bought my kayfun clone from Mvapes and it has been fine, not exceptional but I think that's down to my experience level, or wicking materials, whatever, I nearly give up trying to figure it out. So here's a list of Mvapes RDA's they supply: RDA rebuildable dripping atomizers - M-Vapes

I don't have to get it from there, so any and all suggestions welcome if it's not contained in the above link.

Thanks a lot,

lemon.

Just put a Zenith V2 in the classies here which is right up your street.

Singe coil or dual coil.

Bags of flavour and can chase clouds.

Will throw in a drip tip if you don't have one :)

You're all legends, cheers for the replies guys and all the help. Soz for late reply, had a mad busy day.

Diche Thanks for that. I don't really know why it is, maybe just because I've never done a dual coil before, but I feel it needs to work well on single coil as well as dual. Makes me feel more at ease, rather than me having to fiddle about with a dual coil. Then again I've built microcoil in kayfun fine, so like you said should have no probs. I just want options, that's why drippers appeal to me, so I want all aspects of the dripper to have those options, not be limited. I don't wanna have to make dual coil coz single don't work well. So thanks for the heads up on the tobh. Think I will eliminate that as an option now, given your insight.

Chris_vapehead My lawyers will be disappointed :D Good advice man, I know what you mean about getting more opinions. Yeah I'll email a few vendors, see what they say. Yeah I naively followed a few youtube vids when I first started vaping. I don't trust any of them now, lol. Hmm, now you got me thinking the tobh could be an option. I will have to de-eliminate it back into consideration. Cheers for the review on the Plumeveil. Sounds nice, glad you dig it. Think it could have that balance between vapour and flavour that I'm after. I am big on flavour, but I also do like a lot of vapour. I know it may be a compromise, I just wanna good balance. I'm using an MVP 2, currently have 1.1ohm single coil on my kayfun, so think I can go down to 1ohm for the dripper, probably no more though. Also does anyone know if the MVP 2 could handle dual coil anyway? Chris, one thing though, I don't like the spiders web logo on the Plumeveil. I've caught 5 mammoth spiders in my house in this year, don't really dig em.

Aeggil Cheers for those reviews, helpful for sure. I also use heavy VG juices. I wouldn't be doing 0.7 ohm coils though, not on an MVP 2. What's the vapour like on the Magma?
As for the Plume Veil, maybe there was a spider stuck in the juice well, = lack of flavour, lol.

Mr.Motivapr Thanks for the offer. I've a lot to consider. If you sell it to someone else, cool. If I decide it's for me, I'll let you know soon as.

I'll reply to this thread lettin yas know which one I went for when I've made my mind up. Any more replies in meantime welcome.

Cheers,

lemon.

Back
Top Bottom