What's new

taifun gt ss mesh

Unclebilbo

Achiever
not used my taifun for a couple of weeks so decided to recoil it today with ss mesh.
didnt have much left so wrapped the mesh round some 3mm silica, omg its feckin marvelous.
ive always used small coils before and the mesh wasnt thick enough to fill the gate holes so always had to add
some silica on top to stop leaks.
so ive done 6 wraps of 24 gauge round a 2mm drill(approx) came out at just under .8ohms wrapped the mesh round the silica so that it fills the gate holes.
this wasnt quite enough to fit the coil though so used a but more mesh about 8mm wide wrapped that round the wick till it fit the coil just snug.
assemble the gates and top cap then cut the end of the wick in the middle to spread it top and bottom and stop it catching on the tank.
has anybody ever tried this wrapping ss mesh round silica best vape ive had from my taifun gt love it, sounds like theres a valcano erupting
in the tank lol.

not used my taifun for a couple of weeks so decided to recoil it today with ss mesh.
didnt have much left so wrapped the mesh round some 3mm silica, omg its feckin marvelous.
ive always used small coils before and the mesh wasnt thick enough to fill the gate holes so always had to add
some silica on top to stop leaks.
so ive done 6 wraps of 24 gauge round a 2mm drill(approx) came out at just under .8ohms wrapped the mesh round the silica so that it fills the gate holes.
this wasnt quite enough to fit the coil though so used a but more mesh about 8mm wide wrapped that round the wick till it fit the coil just snug.
assemble the gates and top cap then cut the end of the wick in the middle to spread it top and bottom and stop it catching on the tank.
has anybody ever tried this wrapping ss mesh round silica best vape ive had from my taifun gt love it, sounds like theres a valcano erupting
in the tank lol.

Sounds good but how did you get 3mm silica wrapped in mesh through a 2mm coil? Or have I not understood?

After you have heated and rolled the mesh tight the silica prob ends up at 1.5mm I thought it would be just a case of rolling a bit of mesh but it compressed quite alot.

Back
Top Bottom