What's new

Legal requirements when producing/selling e-liquid??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Br0kenRabbit

Postman
Hey people, I'm just wondering if there are currently any legal requirements when producing/selling e-liquid other than the obvious age and toxicity warnings?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Packaging should be CHIP compliant and properly labelled with respect to toxicity, contents and COSHH type medical advice - see ECITA. I am confident this will all be tightened up and clarified sometime after May 2013 when MHRA introduces legislation - for example there is no requirement currently to provide certifications of purity with respect to nicotine.

Packaging should be CHIP compliant and properly labelled with respect to toxicity, contents and COSHH type medical advice - see ECITA. I am confident this will all be tightened up and clarified sometime after May 2013 when MHRA introduces legislation - for example there is no requirement currently to provide certifications of purity with respect to nicotine.

Thanks for the info. I will do a bit more research before I start. I have seen how the large companies package (such as LF) and can do that no problem, I like the fact they have the tactile triangle on the bottles for visually impaired/blind people.

How would one go about getting a batch tested and a certificate? My initial plan was to make to order but I will look a little more into this at some point.

Last edited:
Do a google for tactile labels... and if you contact ECITA they can let you know all that fun stuff for getting it tested!

http://dantech.co.uk
a roll of 1000 for £24.00 inc. Vat and shipping.
i have a batch of tactile triangles on the way, send them an email rather than giving them a call cus they ask you to send an email anyways lol

I would also be amazed if MHRA didn't introduce some sort of requirements for mixing facilities.

Currently it would be possible to mix in a rat infested hole with dog turds on the floor, one hand scratching one's pubic lice, alternatively reaming bogeys from a nostril, with hands that had not been washed for two days and sell the liquid. If there is no requirement for clean room facilities of a Food Standards type level and staff / producer qualifications in Hygiene to the same level, I will eat my hat (suitably cleaned of course). MHRA has promised 'light touch' legislation, this is light touch. It is also a minimum sort of standard that would protect consumers from the worst sort of practices and wouldn't impact on home mixing. I would also expect that there might be a registration requirement for eliquid sellers and inspection by Food Standards and or Trading Standards.

Do a google for tactile labels... and if you contact ECITA they can let you know all that fun stuff for getting it tested!
Thanks. I will look into it. Can't warrant a £600 per month membership though, that's more than my rent! ;)
http://dantech.co.uk
a roll of 1000 for £24.00 inc. Vat and shipping.
i have a batch of tactile triangles on the way, send them an email rather than giving them a call cus they ask you to send an email anyways lol
Thanks for the link, I will grab myself some of those. Do you know if there is a good label template for the bottles anywhere? I still haven't got around to sorting that out yet, but it's obviously a high priority. Failing finding a template I will just use the labels on the pre-made juices I have brought from LF as a guide.
I would also be amazed if MHRA didn't introduce some sort of requirements for mixing facilities.

Currently it would be possible to mix in a rat infested hole with dog turds on the floor, one hand scratching one's pubic lice, alternatively reaming bogeys from a nostril, with hands that had not been washed for two days and sell the liquid. If there is no requirement for clean room facilities of a Food Standards type level and staff / producer qualifications in Hygiene to the same level, I will eat my hat (suitably cleaned of course). MHRA has promised 'light touch' legislation, this is light touch. It is also a minimum sort of standard that would protect consumers from the worst sort of practices and wouldn't impact on home mixing. I would also expect that there might be a registration requirement for eliquid sellers and inspection by Food Standards and or Trading Standards.

Thanks for the information. I can assure you my liquids will be mixed in a sterile environment, syringes, pipettes, bottles etc.. will not be reused. Now the fun part of building the website and mixing some liquids, I probably won't start for a while as I have a lot of experimentation to do first. I have spent the last week perfecting just one liquid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom