What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sub ohm single coil build.

Thanks dude. Would a larger or smaller drill bit/screwdriver make a difference to the ohms?
The length of your wire determines the resistance of your coil.. So 7 wraps with an internal diameter of 2.5mm may give you a .8ohm coil and a few more wraps with an internal diameter of 1mm will give you the same ohms if you use the same length of wire.

24 awg has a resistance of (approx.) 0.17 ohms per inch, so, to get 0.6 ohms you'll need to be wrapping about 3 and a half inches. Doesn't matter what you are wrapping around, or how many wraps, as each inch of wire used = 0.17 ohms, regardless.

24 awg has a resistance of (approx.) 0.17 ohms per inch, so, to get 0.6 ohms you'll need to be wrapping about 3 and a half inches. Doesn't matter what you are wrapping around, or how many wraps, as each inch of wire used = 0.17 ohms, regardless.

Is there a wire / resistance table with these on?

Is there a wire / resistance table with these on?

Sure is, seen a few on Google.

Is this what you're after ?

Sent from my D2303 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Attachments

• 1410904168085.jpg
    1410904168085.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 260
i had truble working out coils but now i just use this website its v cool Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators. Also if the have an "I"whatever you can get a v cool looking app called ivape i have not used it myself but it will help with coils in the same way and a load of other good stuff to. hope this helps

Thanks bud :) I'll check the app out and the link. I have read elsewhere and in this thread :) which I missed that 24, 8 wraps on a 2.5mm comes to 0.6 :) so all is good.

Back
Top Bottom