What's new

Sub ohm single coil build.

Thanks dude. Would a larger or smaller drill bit/screwdriver make a difference to the ohms?
The length of your wire determines the resistance of your coil.. So 7 wraps with an internal diameter of 2.5mm may give you a .8ohm coil and a few more wraps with an internal diameter of 1mm will give you the same ohms if you use the same length of wire.

24 awg has a resistance of (approx.) 0.17 ohms per inch, so, to get 0.6 ohms you'll need to be wrapping about 3 and a half inches. Doesn't matter what you are wrapping around, or how many wraps, as each inch of wire used = 0.17 ohms, regardless.

24 awg has a resistance of (approx.) 0.17 ohms per inch, so, to get 0.6 ohms you'll need to be wrapping about 3 and a half inches. Doesn't matter what you are wrapping around, or how many wraps, as each inch of wire used = 0.17 ohms, regardless.

Is there a wire / resistance table with these on?

Is there a wire / resistance table with these on?

Sure is, seen a few on Google.

Is this what you're after ?

Sent from my D2303 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Attachments

• 1410904168085.jpg
    1410904168085.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 260
i had truble working out coils but now i just use this website its v cool Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators. Also if the have an "I"whatever you can get a v cool looking app called ivape i have not used it myself but it will help with coils in the same way and a load of other good stuff to. hope this helps

Thanks bud :) I'll check the app out and the link. I have read elsewhere and in this thread :) which I missed that 24, 8 wraps on a 2.5mm comes to 0.6 :) so all is good.

Back
Top Bottom