What's new

Any Snuff users?

I have a couple of tins of Mc Chrystals snuff that I used to use when I had a cold which was recommended to me by some old guy when I worked in Rotherham, loads of the old guys up there used to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Yes, McChrystal's O&G (Original and Genuine) is a brilliant decongestant and one of my favourite snuffs.

Can you provide some evidence to back these claims up?

Tobacco is only really harmful when burnt and inhaled into the lungs, unless you can provide evidence to the contrary of course.

Here's the whole hog from Cancer Research UK which includes just about everything including e-cigs.
E-cigarettes, smokeless tobacco and shisha : Cancer Research UK

But it's pretty much common knowledge that tobacco causes cancer and related health problems whichever way it's taken. If you don't know that I would be inclined to ask which planet you're living on.

Yes, McChrystal's O&G (Original and Genuine) is a brilliant decongestant and one of my favourite snuffs.

If you drop me a pm with your address I can pop em in the post for you if you want them, I'm never gonna use them anyway so they may aswell go to someone who wants em and will appreciate it.

May the coils burn ever in your favour.

Oooh please!!! Never tried any mccrystals all I dabbled in was the german style snuff or the modern toque.

Anthorn provide cites and references to credible research and don't just rely on ad hominen attacks.

Tobacco in and of itself doesn't cause cancer. What causes lung cancer is the inhalation of smoke particles irritating the lungs. What causes the breathing difficulties is the Co bonding to the oxygen carries in the blood and what causes the bronchial damage is the smoke particles and the coughing destroying the oxygen absorbing capability of the lungs by distorting and damaging the delicate transfer constructs that pass O2 from lungs to blood.

Nasal snuff use doesn't have very many risks if used in isolation. Dip/chewing tobacco is a potential influence of and for cancers of the throat. Smoking is an influence on how likely a person is to develop lung cancer however snuff doesn't AFAIK have any real investigation into the risks if used in isolation (and no the studies into it being used orally ala American market as a ladies equivilent and an alternative to dip doesn't count)

Also the statement there are no tobacco products risk free is wrong. Snus users have a lower risk of cancer development than none tobacco users based on research done in defense of Sweden refusal to ban the product.

Also if Tobacco caused cancer as you claim.there wouldn't be caveats on the health warnings. It is confirmed to increase the risk of Certain cancers however it cannot be proved to be a definite cause. It certainly increase ones risk of cancer to a high level however whether it is the trigger is still undetermined. It could be that simple inhalation of smoke is the cause and the plant matter burned is irrelevant. All that we know for certain is that tobacco use can be shown to be a contributing factor to high risk of lung cancer.

This is not helped by the fact that if one as a smoker shows a cancer the medical profession assumes it to be a result.of smoking and therefore the statistics for.cancer are skewed by what I would call lazy labelling.

According to cwrtain lobbying groups anyone who has ever.smoked in their lifetime has smoked 100 cigarettes is a smoker and any cancer suffered by a smoker is a direct result.of their smoking. When groups.like that have an influence on the data produced.... They bring huge bias and political posturing into the system.

How on a practical level would in taking snuff cause one to inhale carbon monoxide which is one of the major.danger of smoke.inhalation due.to it's per meant deformation of red blood cells.

Oooh please!!! Never tried any mccrystals all I dabbled in was the german style snuff or the modern toque.

@Anthorn provide cites and references to credible research and don't just rely on ad hominen attacks.

Like a boomerang that comes right back to you: Where are your "cites and references to credible research" which proves tobacco products are safe?

My last post in this thread because I just don't see the point in promoting tobacco products in a vaping forum.

So you would rather people didn't promote mana bush, puros or ant of the other juices which use tobacco as a flavour agent and direct nic source then?

As for sources.

1. There's a usa today article discussing the decreased risk of cancer of snus users here http:// http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-05-09-200069294_x.htm

2. Here is a discussion of snuff having no affect on the risk of having a heart attack (although it does in theory increase the risk of an attack being fatal) references the lack of risk of lung cancer and also y the fact it is a safer alternative to smoking tobacco.
With cites of relevant.studies as.it.is.simply a synopsis leading you the reader to f

urther research and discussion.

http:// http://www.healthline.com/health-blogs/freedom-smoking/how-harmful-snuff-smokeless-tobacco

3. Here is.the discussion of chew and other orap tobaccos and it's risk versus smoking tobaccos with discuss on of studies finding it has no increase in the cancer risk other than prostate cancer as the risk of the ornaphaygal cancer disappears from research circa 1990. With in fact the Scandinavian cancer rather only now rising because the young are smoking breaking away from traditional Scandinavian products.

http:// http://www.medpagetoday.com/Pulmonology/Smoking/15292

I am really glad you have deigned to offer your opinion on what should be allowed to be discussed. I will take your opinion and give.it all the credit it deserves.

As for promoting it to new users that isn't the point of this thread it is a place for existing users to discuss the product. And brands and variations of. If my use of tobacco in any form and open discussion of it on this forum offends you then we'll don't read threads that are dedicated to the products you disprove of.

And please refrain from posting blatant falsehoods thank you kindly.

As the wonderful missourian woman who introduced me to snuff would say 'bless your heart and have a nice day'

Keep it nice people otherwise this thread will be shut down.

There are ways to get your point across without drifting towards personal attacks and keyboard warrior pseudo aggression.

First and only warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Anyone ever tried any brand of bullet other than the toque one? The last metal bullet I used gave portions that were proof it was designed for columbian marching owner not tobacco and the only plastic none toque one I have is dying because the mechanism is wearing too quicky.

I like the odd pinch of Menthol Snuff, especially when bunged up with a cold. Lovely stuff.

Back
Top Bottom