What's new

New In: 112x62x31 ABS Enclosures

RicModMaker

Vendor
New bigger enclosures have been added to the site. Lots of colours and big enough for almost any build.
Maybe not big enough for Chegs though ;)

Search - 112 enclosure << Enclosures here

116-1-228x228.jpg
117-1-228x228.jpg
118-1-228x228.jpg
119-1-228x228.jpg
120-1-228x228.jpg
121-1-228x228.jpg
122-1-228x228.jpg

Just got the tape measure out & my latest cells "might" just squeeze in those boxes,then thought...

External? = so what do they measure internally please?

DSC_0410.jpg <----------Old cell beside new cell

DSC_0411.jpg <---------Old cell laid on top of new cell

Old cells are slightly wider than new cells,but much shorter than new cells,old cell = 1000 Mah,new cells = 2200 Mah,Old cell 20C,new cell 40C.

New cells are for an utter mental powered box,capable of upwards of easily 350+ amps.I don't require 1/3rd of that output though,I just want the increased capacity as I'm getting tired of having to recharge boxes to ensure they don't expire mid-evening when out.I've also decided to include a voltmeter in my boxes (especially the 8.4V box) as the 4.2V box tells me via taste that the box needs recharged but the 8.4V I had to take it all apart,split the cells up again & recharge each cell individually as I'd over-discharged the pack so the iMax charger couldn't be used,before reassembling the cell pack & then checking with the balance charger.

I'm also trying to work out if I can insert a zener diode in the 8.4V box(in the switch wiring to the mosfet?)to help protect it from over-discharge.

Just got the tape measure out & my latest cells "might" just squeeze in those boxes,then thought...

External? = so what do they measure internally please?

View attachment 33249 <----------Old cell beside new cell

View attachment 33250 <---------Old cell laid on top of new cell

Old cells are slightly wider than new cells,but much shorter than new cells,old cell = 1000 Mah,new cells = 2200 Mah,Old cell 20C,new cell 40C.

New cells are for an utter mental powered box,capable of upwards of easily 350+ amps.I don't require 1/3rd of that output though,I just want the increased capacity as I'm getting tired of having to recharge boxes to ensure they don't expire mid-evening when out.I've also decided to include a voltmeter in my boxes (especially the 8.4V box) as the 4.2V box tells me via taste that the box needs recharged but the 8.4V I had to take it all apart,split the cells up again & recharge each cell individually as I'd over-discharged the pack so the iMax charger couldn't be used,before reassembling the cell pack & then checking with the balance charger.

I'm also trying to work out if I can insert a zener diode in the 8.4V box(in the switch wiring to the mosfet?)to help protect it from over-discharge.
The walls are about 2mm so knock 4mm off.

The walls are about 2mm so knock 4mm off.

The actual cells are 95 mm but including connectors is 110 mm (approx) so with a little jiggery-pokery I reckon I can squeeze these cells in those enclosures. :D

How many are you putting in @Chegs?
What thickness are they?

Hoping for 4 cells,2 in series & 2 in parallel in one box & 4 in parallel in the other.

Each cell is 8 mm x 109 mm(to tip of connector) x 32.5 mm... measured with a plastic ruler so all these are approx.

Hoping for 4 cells,2 in series & 2 in parallel in one box & 4 in parallel in the other.

Each cell is 8 mm x 109 mm(to tip of connector) x 32.5 mm... measured with a plastic ruler so all these are approx.
It doesn't leave much room for a 510 unless the cell tabs go either side. Not sure if that will work.

It doesn't leave much room for a 510 unless the cell tabs go either side. Not sure if that will work.

I don't think the 510 would fit between the cell contacts,in my Hammond boxes the cells can be stacked in a column 4 high & if these new cells had better insulation on their contacts I'd try & see if 4 can be stacked within the Hammond.I could still give-in searching for metal enclosures that are able to contain these 110 mm long cells and opt to fashion a wooden mod,or reacquaint myself with a mate who has access to engineering @ Sellafield and ask him to get me a metal box built(but he doesn't particularly like me since I had to get the police to warn off his son from being an anti-social little twat)

Just stacked 4 long cells & offered them up alongside these Hammond boxes & they definitely won't do 4.The latest order from China says they are a few mm larger so fingers crossed they will be big enough when they finally arrive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom