What's new

Need Genny help in Cardiff area

timj

Postman
I'm having an awful time trying to get good flavour (non-metallic/burnt) from my new GKMF. I'm not new to rebuildables but I'm new to mesh wicks and can not for the life of me get things to work. I'm not using a mech mod which could be adding to my problems...but as far as I can see my builds have no hot spots. I mix my own juices/etc. and haven't had such a hard time with anything in a while (I also studied electrical engineering!)

any of you local guys willing to give a genny newb a hand?

Last edited:
And yes I have watched every video out there and tried all oxidising methods+drill bit method. Thanks!

I'm up in llandaff, I can probably help you out. What kind of mod are you using?

I FINALLY got it. I really appreciate the offer! but I think I'll be alright. Although I didn't think I had any hot spots I did....the main issue was the top lead was glowing (It would go slack then tightening it down and that's what was giving me problems). The flavor is very nice now...no burning/etc.

SS mesh wick is only very lightly rolled, sort of squishy with a 1mm hole in the center. The only oxidising I did was 2x 30 second cherry red torch burns.

Only real issue is that the resistance changes/fluctuates by 0.1-0.2 ohms and vape is not perfectly consistant...but I'm more than happy and the next build should be better. Also ordered some SS rope as well to try.

Again, THANKS for the offer but I should be good now!

Tim

Back
Top Bottom