What's new

Coil ramp up time.

marcus-mulisha

Postman
I've built a dual, 28, 7 wraps around a 3mm screwdriver. It seem to take a while to glow, not forever :) but it takes time. Is this normal for the gauge wire and if I go for 26, 24 will the ramp up be quicker?

Lower gauge wire takes longer to both heat up and cool off. If you want a shorter heat up time try single coil parallel build and if you need more ramp it up to a dual.

Comparing my hana dna30 to a mech mod the mech mod does take longer to heat the coil.... the higher voltage provided by a variable wattage device drives the current harder into the coil.

Sounds to me like not enough power to heat that coil effectively, What is your resistance and what are you running it on?

I would try taking a couple of wraps off the coils if you are using a mech with good batteries.

I'm guessing that's coming out around 1.4 Ohm? If that's the only wire you have, try more wraps with a smaller diameter. When I used to be restricted to 1.2 ohm by my Vamo I found nana coils to be quite impressive for the speed they glowed.

In my rather limited experience I would say that is quite a large diameter for that gauge of wire. You might be better looking at some slightly thinner wire to reach your target ohms allowing a smaller diameter coil. I have been working on this a lot in the last week or so trying to work out what the best diameter wire is going to be for each of my preferred set ups. It is a fine balance between ramp up time and surface area to create the ideal vape.

Back
Top Bottom