What's new

Question for you Genny Pro's

Jimbojones

Initiate
I purchased my first genesis atty, the kraken clone from m-vapes. Im having some problems with the build, i keep getting dry hits with the supplied mesh (which I've now run out of!) and have also tried a microcoil and cotton setup and still find i get dry hits. Generally i find the top of the coil tends to glow red so I'm guessing its a wicking problem, my wicks are a nice slide fit so don't think I'm choking the wick. The juice I'm using is a 70vg 30pg mix so wondered if the juice to viscous?

I'm having massive issues getting a good setup in my Luxe genny.

I've tried so many coils and vary amount of cotton, but i just can't get a good, consistent setup :(

What am i doing wrong?!

400-grade mesh, cut diagonal to the grain.

Rolled around something solid to make a straw.

Check it fits in the hole without touching the sides or the bottom of the tank.

Torch it.

Insert and keep whatever solid object you wrapped it around inside it.

Coil anticlockwise.

Remove solid thing.

Pulse the crap out of it to rid it of hotspots, shifting the coil very slightly to help.

Fill tank.

Vape.

x

I'm having massive issues getting a good setup in my Luxe genny.

I've tried so many coils and vary amount of cotton, but i just can't get a good, consistent setup :(

What am i doing wrong?!

If you do the diagonal cut thing you should find making a U-wick a piece of piss, it's what I use in a Versa 2 to keep a good flow to the coil.

Failing that, rope with a small bit of torched mesh at the top to coil around wicks like a bastard.

Which Rope and where to obtain this Mr Mawsley Sah?;)

Mesh straw in straw wicks better than plain mesh
Ss rope wicks best
2.5 mm ss 7x7 I use on kraken
You will need something substantial to cut it
316 7x7 Stainless Steel Wire / Rope
You will need to clean it with alcohol and torch the hell out of it to remove any oil traces
Rob

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

400-grade mesh, cut diagonal to the grain.

Rolled around something solid to make a straw.

Check it fits in the hole without touching the sides or the bottom of the tank.

Torch it.

Insert and keep whatever solid object you wrapped it around inside it.

Coil anticlockwise.

Remove solid thing.

Pulse the crap out of it to rid it of hotspots, shifting the coil very slightly to help.

Fill tank.

Vape.

x

Intresting to note the anticlockwise wrapping Dave,is there a logical reason for this? Certainly the first time I have seen any mention of it.

Intresting to note the anticlockwise wrapping Dave,is there a logical reason for this? Certainly the first time I have seen any mention of it.

Shortens the leg to the positive post and keeps the negative leg cap-side, away from the +ve post.

Building that way stopped me having to bother with hot legs, they vanished overnight.

I have a kraken and I wicked mine with cotton (as per Grimm Green) and didn't have 1 issue with it wicking. It is just a pain in the ass as I couldn't take it out due to them not holding their liquid inside, hence it not getting used atm. The coil ohmage was about 1.2 on mine. I was impressed by the vapour and flavour tbh

Back
Top Bottom