What's new

Having some infuriating wicking problems with cotton, making me not want to vape...

@RagingMammoth. That is definitely sounding more hopeful now you're tasting something.

I did have a look last night for various ways to deal with taste loss. One of the things mentioned was Zinc deficiency. The article itself suggested eating oysters but I guess you could buy zinc tablets.

Anyway full article is here. Maybe some of it will help.

Loss of taste and smell: Causes and cures | Reader's Digest

I really appreciate the help Chris. Another update though, now can't taste this cherry juice... time to swap juices again. This is getting really tiring now.

RagingMammoth No problem. I'm afraid I'm at a loss to suggest anything else. Perhaps some Sudafed tablets for the sinuses and maybe a nasal spray to see if that makes any difference. Sorry bud.

An update who have been following my little journey of desperation and failure.

I've been on the skittles again and I can vape the coil completely dry with no diminishing flavour. I've gone through 3mls and my sinuses seem to be clear now thanks to vigorous nostril menthol inhalation.

Hopefully I'm clear guys/gals, thanks for the help.

Wright the day off as a shite vaping day and things allways taste better in the morning
Works for me mate

Well, it's been a month now. Still have the same problem.

Just got to warn you guys/gals, don't vape the same flavour for too long. You will highly regret it.

is it just your kit and juice giving you problems ? have you tried vaping someone elses atty and juice ? when i have had vapours tongue in the past .it only lasted a very short while ..but now i`m chopping and changing flavours all the time ..seems to be the best way forward

Well, it's been a month now. Still have the same problem.

Just got to warn you guys/gals, don't vape the same flavour for too long. You will highly regret it.

How are you getting on these days?

Regret I have no suggestions, just hope it sorted itself out.

Funny thing, taste. The first juice I really liked was a 5ml sampler of Grizwald's Creamy Pistachio - really nutty. Bought 30ml and it was meh, and same with another couple of samplers, so pretty sure it was me and not the juice. Same experience with liquorice/absinthe; really enjoyed, but by a month later, meh. Now got much better gear but not getting the same pleasure as when I started. Not bad enough to be tempted by the stinkies but a bit worrying all the same.

How are you getting on these days?

Regret I have no suggestions, just hope it sorted itself out.

Funny thing, taste. The first juice I really liked was a 5ml sampler of Grizwald's Creamy Pistachio - really nutty. Bought 30ml and it was meh, and same with another couple of samplers, so pretty sure it was me and not the juice. Same experience with liquorice/absinthe; really enjoyed, but by a month later, meh. Now got much better gear but not getting the same pleasure as when I started. Not bad enough to be tempted by the stinkies but a bit worrying all the same.

Well, it's not as bad as it was. Still an issue though.

All I can suggest is to swap flavours every day. Seems to sort of fix it for me. If I chainvape I lose it, if I take 2 hour breaks I get it back. Very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom