What's new

Want to try a Genesis Style Atty

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Folks,
OK, so one year down the line in my journey and I feel about ready to take on the challenges, or otherwise, of a Genesis Styly Atty and start getting into Mesh builds. I am pretty much on top of my game with Cotton and Silica Builds and my thoughts are turning to trying Mesh.
So, what are the pros and cons? I seem to recall reading that they can be a bit temperamental and prone to leaking if not exactly right? Yes? No? Also, which ones are finding favour with you ?
I am considering something along the lines of a Kraken or similar, but wondered what experiences you have had and are willing to share?

Any guidance would be most welcomed. :thumbup:

Pyrex RSST is a cheap legit genesis style.

Mesh is the only way to go with a genny, but it's not fun to build.

I find mesh only works for certain juices .... tobacco or coffee type juices.

Genesis atties are the work of the devil as far as I am concerned.
The ultimate in faffing, hot legs + hot spots

BUT get it right and they do give an exceeding good vape.

Leaking .... a Genesis has to be kept upright otherwise it might leak thru the wick and/or the airhole.

i reserve the Genesis strictly for at home vaping

5miley thanks for this advice, as I predominantly vape Tobacco flavours, this sounds interesting. Also I spend the majority of my time at home, so again, this would seem not to preclude this style of Atty?
I had heard that they could be tricky when setting up and from what you have said, I guess that bears it out? It also sounds as if my new found attraction to Mech Mods with recessed Firing Buttons is also a good thing? I am assuming that lying such an atty on its side is a complete no no?

Hmmm, food for thought.;)

theres a hole in the top so unless its upright, leakage.
Plenty of fans on here, but as stated faff. I reserve faff for squapage.
Enough with the faff.

The only genesis style atty that i have ever tried that doesn't leak is the arrow RBA from eonvape, They are expensive though but reliable so you have to weigh your options a little bit.

Edit: Typo's

Last edited:
Rob i only use kraken clones, run with cotton, however last night i decided to try mesh, will watch and see what other info is offered up :)

I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts as and when Miss P ;)

I use a Kraken, single ribbon coil and cotton. Use some cotton to plug the spare holes and pack it out around the coil and zero leaks, no dry hits and tons of vapour.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Kraken is a good base to start on genny
I use wire rope with mesh topper
Can be a pain to pulse out the hotspots
You need a blowtorch to oxidise the mesh

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom