Innokin
What's new

Best 4 Nine Clone

Mine looks not bad to me. Will prob replace the silica for cotton though and just see how it goes first

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

By all means try, but those coils usually have bad quality wick and kanthal and you should wash it first really to get rid of the excess machine oil

The Electronic Cigarette Company
What they they all said already, most (if not all) atties will come with machine oil in the parts that have been threaded/cut by machine and is so thin it's hard to see just by looking at it......A good clean is always preferable as you're going to inhale it into your lungs....It's safer not to even take a chance on this as if there is any oil there it will contaminate any juice/wick combination and it also tastes shit.....And the pre fitted coil/wick is the cheapest available....best just to rip it out and start from scratch...That way you know it's done right....

What they they all said already, most (if not all) atties will come with machine oil in the parts that have been threaded/cut by machine and is so thin it's hard to see just by looking at it......A good clean is always preferable as you're going to inhale it into your lungs....It's safer not to even take a chance on this as if there is any oil there it will contaminate any juice/wick combination and it also tastes shit.....And the pre fitted coil/wick is the cheapest available....best just to rip it out and start from scratch...That way you know it's done right....

Fair enough makes sense I guess. What am I best using to give it all a clean? Just good old soap and water?

Vape Green
Having an absolute nightmare with this thing!! the screw on the bottom is to far in so the battery doesnt touch it therfore it doesnt fire. when you loosen the screw the top part that the coil sits on loosens lol then after fcuking about with it for the past 2 hours I loose one of the tiny screws that hold the coil down.

I wish id stuck to variable voltage life is just to short for this lol

Having an absolute nightmare with this thing!! the screw on the bottom is to far in so the battery doesnt touch it therfore it doesnt fire. when you loosen the screw the top part that the coil sits on loosens lol then after fcuking about with it for the past 2 hours I loose one of the tiny screws that hold the coil down.

I wish id stuck to variable voltage life is just to short for this lol

You need to get a couple of spacer magnets on top of the battery so the atty will touch and also reduce the throw on the 4nine
Get some on eBay, spider magnets are really good

Cleaning is best with some isopropyl alchohol or failing that hot water and fairy liquid

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Vape Club
I have two of these 49ers from Fasttech, the £9 one mentioned above and the slightly more expensive "1:1" version. I'm not a new vaper by any means (five years!) but it did take me a while to suss them out.

The "spacer" that people have been going on about is not a spacer but an integral part of the button mechanism - the magnetic resistance working in place of a spring.

I've found that, contrary to what you might have read, flat-top batteries work best I had mixed results with button tops – I had a couple that got jammed in the atty hole on the cheaper clone - alarming fireworks a plenty! – but at least I can confirm that it does indeed vent (spectacularly!)

The throw can be adjusted by adding magnets to the base of the spacer. I have a dozen 8x1mm earth magnets and use 1, 2, or sometimes three stacked depending on the battery. I like as short a throw as possible as I find having to press the recessed button more than a couple of mm a little uncomfortable.

The button on the £9 version is intially rather crunchy, the 1:1 far less so, however in both instances this improves with use. The breaking in can be accelerated with a gentle bit of wet fine grade sanding and performance improved with a bit of graphite on the edges (you can use a pencil).

I haven't had any atty problems with the 1:1 – they all seem to fit. The cheaper clone is a bit more selective.

On the whole I'm very pleased with these mods – they're tiny powerhouses and look gorgeous – however I wouldn't recommend them to anyone new to mechanicals or people who like their mods to be plug-in-and-play ready.

Grail-306-amp-4Nine_zpse6cc8cc3.jpg~original

I have two of these 49ers from Fasttech, the £9 one mentioned above and the slightly more expensive "1:1" version. I'm not a new vaper by any means (five years!) but it did take me a while to suss them out.

The "spacer" that people have been going on about is not a spacer but an integral part of the button mechanism - the magnetic resistance working in place of a spring.

I've found that, contrary to what you might have read, flat-top batteries work best I had mixed results with button tops – I had a couple that got jammed in the atty hole on the cheaper clone - alarming fireworks a plenty! – but at least I can confirm that it does indeed vent (spectacularly!)

The throw can be adjusted by adding magnets to the base of the spacer. I have a dozen 8x1mm earth magnets and use 1, 2, or sometimes three stacked depending on the battery. I like as short a throw as possible as I find having to press the recessed button more than a couple of mm a little uncomfortable.

The button on the £9 version is intially rather crunchy, the 1:1 far less so, however in both instances this improves with use. The breaking in can be accelerated with a gentle bit of wet fine grade sanding and performance improved with a bit of graphite on the edges (you can use a pencil).

I haven't had any atty problems with the 1:1 – they all seem to fit. The cheaper clone is a bit more selective.

On the whole I'm very pleased with these mods – they're tiny powerhouses and look gorgeous – however I wouldn't recommend them to anyone new to mechanicals or people who like their mods to be plug-in-and-play ready.

Grail-306-amp-4Nine_zpse6cc8cc3.jpg~original
I would have to disagree on the spacer being an integral part of the button I'm afraid Jaded as if you put the spacer on the bottom you are not making contact with the battery with the brass ring, you are making contact with the magnet which will lead to voltage drop, the spacer is simply for putting on the top of the battery to a) make a flat top usable and b) reduce the throw

AcmeFog
I would have to disagree on the spacer being an integral part of the button I'm afraid Jaded as if you put the spacer on the bottom you are not making contact with the battery with the brass ring, you are making contact with the magnet which will lead to voltage drop, the spacer is simply for putting on the top of the battery to a) make a flat top usable and b) reduce the throw

I think the confusion is caused because some are calling the "spacer-magnet" a spacer and some are calling the "black ring with a magnet inside" a spacer ;)

Premier Ecigs
I'm useless at the coils as we'll maybe that doesn't help

I got a dripping atty and put a coil in and stuck on the 4nine and it fires and vapes but it vapes miserably and I'm sucking up juice at the same time

This is a disaster lol

Back
Top Bottom