What's new

Having some infuriating wicking problems with cotton, making me not want to vape...

I have not had VT on all flavours, but have had it where most flavours are muted
fruits returned after a week, manabush took two weeks
try some shit flavour you don't really like/seldom vape
if nothing else then you're getting rid of it

Ouch.. won't be fun.

Ouch.. won't be fun.

only way I've avoided it since is to rotate 3 flavours every day (carry two mods at work) and evening vape of something (usually tobacco based)
over the top perhaps, but not had VT since. It is tempting to overdo a flavour you like, I know.....

The fact that its happening with other liquids and RDAs really does point to vaper's tongue. Is this Space Pirate stuff particularly potent? Its possible that's overloading your tastebuds. Maybe lay off that stuff for a few days.

Mammoth do you get full flavour from food and drink? If so I find it odd that you can't taste any juice at all.

I do know the last time I had a serious case of vaper's tongue the only thing that cured it was some dodgy far eastern juice, purposefully picked a flavour I hated, was chemical as hell but it was so bad I started to taste all the nice stuff again after a couple of hours.

To begin with I thought maybe it was just the Magma. I got one this week and at times it tends to evaporate flavour when running very hot. But the fact you say it happens with other RDAs rules that out.

The fact that its happening with other liquids and RDAs really does point to vaper's tongue. Is this Space Pirate stuff particularly potent? Its possible that's overloading your tastebuds. Maybe lay off that stuff for a few days.

Mammoth do you get full flavour from food and drink? If so I find it odd that you can't taste any juice at all.

I do know the last time I had a serious case of vaper's tongue the only thing that cured it was some dodgy far eastern juice, purposefully picked a flavour I hated, was chemical as hell but it was so bad I started to taste all the nice stuff again after a couple of hours.

To begin with I thought maybe it was just the Magma. I got one this week and at times it tends to evaporate flavour when running very hot. But the fact you say it happens with other RDAs rules that out.

I just retried the magma, and a mephisto just too reply to this comment. It must be vapours tongue. It is at 30% flavouring, so fairly strong. I do get full flavour from food and drink.

I'll try to avoid everything I normally vape for 2 days and see how I'm doing after a while. I'm just panicking about this to be honest.

I just retried the magma, and a mephisto just too reply to this comment. It must be vapours tongue. It is at 30% flavouring, so fairly strong. I do get full flavour from food and drink.

I'll try to avoid everything I normally vape for 2 days and see how I'm doing after a while. I'm just panicking about this to be honest.

I'm not surprised you are panicking mate. There is nothing worse. I had to abandon some juices I really loved in the early days due to this damn vapers tongue malarkey. I just don't taste them at all, even now a year later. Nothing.

I would try other juices. Things you wouldn't normally go for. For me that would be stuff I can't stand like aniseed and peanut butter. It might help.

How high up have you got the coils in the Magma? I found when I put mine too high the juice was almost tasteless with a 0.9 dual in there. Plus running out on anything but maximum airlow seems to weaken the taste too. Of course that could just be me since I'm kind of overloaded on 4 different Manabush at present and they are all starting to taste like the same one and my build may be less than perfect since most of this is new to me.

I'm not surprised you are panicking mate. There is nothing worse. I had to abandon some juices I really loved in the early days due to this damn vapers tongue malarkey. I just don't taste them at all, even now a year later. Nothing.

I would try other juices. Things you wouldn't normally go for. For me that would be stuff I can't stand like aniseed and peanut butter. It might help.

How high up have you got the coils in the Magma? I found when I put mine too high the juice was almost tasteless with a 0.9 dual in there. Plus running out on anything but maximum airlow seems to weaken the taste too. Of course that could just be me since I'm kind of overloaded on 4 different Manabush at present and they are all starting to taste like the same one and my build may be less than perfect since most of this is new to me.

I single coil everything. I have never really felt the need, or seen the point of dual coiling.

I won't bother fiddling around with the Magma, there's just no point to be honest. I can't taste the juice in 3 different drippers. I know the builds are fine as I tasted the juice on the same build before and was great.

I also just tried out some juice I brewed a while back. Called strawberry shortcake.

I'm 0.5 of a ml in and can still taste it. I'll report back after a ml and see if I can still taste it.

A more positive update.

I blasted my nostrils with menthol and steam, and am on the cherry limeade now.

I've gone through 3ml and can still taste it. I tried with thicker and thinner wick, and with thicker I noticed the flavour was better. Could I be onto something here?

Back
Top Bottom