Vape Superstore
What's new

Vaping and asthma...

ladygrace

Postman
Disclaimer: in no way am I encouraging asthmatics to vape or whatever...

So, during Hayfever season I get horrendous asthma, and this year was truly awful. So much so I was using my inhalers quicker than I could get the prescriptions, and they were costing me a fecking fortune!
But since I stopped smoking and switched to vaping, I've not had to use my inhaler. Not once! Logically thinking my opinion is the warm water vapour helps open up.the airways, if I ran out.of inhalers I always used to do boiling water in a bowl with a towel over my head to ease it. So I'm guessing similar principles apply?!
Anyone else notice any differences in their respiratory health apart from the general 'stop smoking' benefits?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Premier Ecigs
I'm the same!!! I use to get a New Ventolin inhaler every Six to Eight Weeks when I smoked, I've had the same one for about Sixteen months now and I very rarely use it!!!:2thumbsup:

Same here. My need to use my inhaler has greatly reduced to almost not needing it. Only had to use it recently due to being under the weather. Vaping has helped a great deal [emoji4]

Vape Green
I have suffered from sinusitis for years and since vaping it's gone. I am currently suffering from a bad head cold if I was smoking my sinuses would be killing me by now.

bizarely i'm the complete opposite...
Kinda
Used to have bad asthma...dissapeared for 20 yrs while i was smoking..returned with vaping.
It's tied to allergies though which i've always had,just that now i need the purple inhaler to control it.

Tbh if we got rid of all our dogs and parrots i'm 99% sure i wouldnt require them.
Backed up by the fact i Didnt need to use them at all on holiday whilst not surrounded by hair/fur/feathers

E-liquids.com
I stopped using my inhalers a fortnight after starting vaping and haven't used one since. I haven't had a chest infection or chesty cold either. Coming up three years now! :D

I would put this down tot he fact that smoking is a major cause of asthma but it's amazing the amount of people with it that smoke. PG is also the major carrier in inhalers.

Last edited:
AcmeFog
Isn't PG one of the ingredients in asthma inhalers... i would imagine it helps line the inside of your lungs to prevent them getting inflamed.
As PG is in e liquid you could basically be self medicating.
I dont think e liquids turn into 'warm water vapour' when you vape them, that's a bit of a misnomer. By definition vaporizing changes the 'state' of the liquid into a gas, but doesn't chemically alter the ingredients, so unless you have watered your juice down, or use Aqueous VG there will not be water vapour.

from my basic understanding...
the hairs in the airways detect dust or similar...
If you have asthma there is an overreaction and your airways narrow to avoid further stuff getting in....
Smoking gunks these wee hairs up so they cant trigger the asthma...stopping smoking obviously frees them up to do their job again.
This kinda makes sense in my case ...

Smoore
I have to agree with impoving my health.
I have asthma suffer from bronchitis, a few years back while been a heavy smoker I was doing some heavy lifting which caused me to have a caughing fit. This in turn made me rupture blood vessels in the top of my lungs and caused me to caugh up blood every time I caughed or did anything strenuous, since vaping I've barely caughed at all let alone caughed up blood. And I haven't even touched my inhalers.

Back
Top Bottom