What's new

Having some infuriating wicking problems with cotton, making me not want to vape...

RagingMammoth

Achiever
So however I wick, I cannot taste juice unless I drip directly onto the coil and it only lasts two puffs. Even when I'm vaping 30% flavouring juice. I don't suffer from dry hits, just the vapour is entirely flavourless. The muji cotton seems to be fully saturated, but seems to be dry-ish around the coil. Considering this, I do not get a single dry hit. Just no flavour at all in my juice, and it tastes like I'm vaping pure vg. I have no idea what's going on, and it doesn't seem to be vapers tongue. Here is a pic.

I find atties with big chambers give less flavour than small chambers. It might be worth packing the other side of the attie with something that can take heat. It also might be worth stuffing some cotton under the coil. Also, more air might help.

When you say there is no flavour what are you comparing it to?

My 3 month career with RDA's. I mean, it's not a dry taste whatsoever. No burned flavour.

Just none, at all. Like I'm vaping pure vg. Cloudy as hell, not dry but flavourless. I'm vaping 30% space pirate, which as you know is flavourfull stuff.

First thing I notice is the right hand side of that muji cotton is sunk down a bit.Not used it myself so do not know what the properties of it are like.Does it swell much like ordinary cotton?If so I would suggest packing it a tad tighter,if it is like Cellucotton that does not swell the I would still pack it in a bit tighter.Secondly I would use more of it and fuck a bit more juice in there.Thirdly you do not mention what flavour the juice is,what ratio,and if it is a DIY or bought from a vendor.

First thing I notice is the right hand side of that muji cotton is sunk down a bit.Not used it myself so do not know what the properties of it are like.Does it swell much like ordinary cotton?If so I would suggest packing it a tad tighter,secondly I would use more of it and fuck a bit more juice in there.Thirdly you do not mention what flavour the juice is,what ratio,and if it is a DIY or bought from a vendor.

I've pushed that bit down the right side a bit more under the coil.

It does swell like ordinary cotton.

I'll try tucking it a bit tighter after experimenting a bit.

It's 80/20 vg pg, DIY space pirate flavouring at 30% using boots VG. Sorry for being unspecific, i'm getting pretty stressed here.

Forgot to ask what the res of the coil is and at what setting you vaping it at?

I've pushed that bit down the right side a bit more under the coil.

It does swell like ordinary cotton.

I'll try tucking it a bit tighter after experimenting a bit.

It's 80/20 vg pg, DIY space pirate flavouring at 30% using boots VG. Sorry for being unspecific, i'm getting pretty stressed here.

No worries,thing is not to get worked up about it.These things happen for a reason,and sometimes it is for a very small reason.Do you use a mixing calculator,and save the recipe as a file? If so I would be tempted to double check it, I made the mistake once of doing a juice I liked again. Upped the quantity but forgot to adjust the ratio for flavouring,it`s all to easy to do in a hurry.Not saying that is the case but if you can eliminate that then it`s one less thing to consider.Can you rewick and try a pre-made liquid to compare flavour hit?

Yeah the space pirate is amazingly flavourful and I'm not quite sure what the pre made Super Space Pirate it but I'd hazard a guess that your mix is more concentrated. Have you tried your mix in another RDA with a different coil to see if that helps.

Also it looks as though the contact of cotton to coil on the right hand side looks a little weak. Have you tried firing whilst taking a look at the coil as it may be getting too hot and slightly burning the juice. I've had this happen and while it doesn't taste burnt it really does mute the flavour heavily for some reason.

No worries,thing is not to get worked up about it.These things happen for a reason,and sometimes it is for a very small reason.Do you use a mixing calculator,and save the recipe as a file? If so I would be tempted to double check it, I made the mistake once of doing a juice I liked again. Upped the quantity but forgot to adjust the ratio for flavouring,it`s all to easy to do in a hurry.Not saying that is the case but if you can eliminate that then it`s one less thing to consider.Can you rewick and try a pre-made liquid to compare flavour hit?

It was 30mls of space pirate, 4.2mls of nicotine and 65.8mls of glycerine. I'm going to recoil and wick another dripper in a minute. I'll center the coil this time.

Back
Top Bottom