Innokin
What's new

#teamsinglecoil

My dual coil attempt with the 0.5mm wouldn't register either so I am back up to 1ohm using 0.3mm. I so need a proper ohms meter if I am going to play this game

A stand-alone ohms meter is generally accepted as best for sub-ohms as it registers to 2 decimal points whereas most other devices(multimeter/mod etc)only do the 1 decimal point.My ohm meter only cost a tenner or so whereas my multimeter cost my Dad £50-70 quid years ago,yet my ohms meter does 2 decimals & my multimeter one & there is about 0.3 difference between the 2(I say about as it depends which leads I'm using on my multimeter & I've never trusted the meter since I "broke" it attempting to measure resistance on a live circuit and had to get it repaired)

Elux
A stand-alone ohms meter is generally accepted as best for sub-ohms as it registers to 2 decimal points whereas most other devices(multimeter/mod etc)only do the 1 decimal point.My ohm meter only cost a tenner or so whereas my multimeter cost my Dad £50-70 quid years ago,yet my ohms meter does 2 decimals & my multimeter one & there is about 0.3 difference between the 2(I say about as it depends which leads I'm using on my multimeter & I've never trusted the meter since I "broke" it attempting to measure resistance on a live circuit and had to get it repaired)

I have been looking at ohms meters a lot the last week, I have found a couple I like the look of, a bit more than £10 but they are the type that are battery powered and you plug them into a usb to charge them. It seemed a useful feature. Unfortunately this months budget is spent so purchase isn't going to be for at least 12 days. I am having fun putting my shopping list together though, now if only I could find a brass manhattan....

My budget for vaping gear has been slashed harder than that fuckwit Osbourne did to our councils budget.I've to pay for Fraggle a couple of driving lessons,then buy her a fucking runabout to teach her to drive(can't afford to put her on my own cars insurance as the quote for it was £2k+)and try save some cash to get pissed at Hawkshead etc etc.I even got scowled at for suggesting spending £2 on a little box of Borax to try some swirly painting on a couple boxes.I hate being unable to work sometimes :(

Vape Green
My money is my own these days, but there isn't very much of it :(

The cheapest runaround for a new driver is generally a Punto (hhhagggputt) much as I hate those things they get the thumbs up in terms of insurance and road tax

I had a play with some ribbon this evening, AFTER getting home from the pub. Nothing too low cause I ain't stupid but it sure is strange stuff to work with. Any tips on how you treat it compared to round wire? It seems to want to overlap at the slightest provocation, do you just leave it gappy? Oooh it heats up quick :)

Royal Flush Vape
I had a play with some ribbon this evening, AFTER getting home from the pub. Nothing too low cause I ain't stupid but it sure is strange stuff to work with. Any tips on how you treat it compared to round wire? It seems to want to overlap at the slightest provocation, do you just leave it gappy? Oooh it heats up quick :)

You get used to winding it after a while I use nothing else these days as I like the crisper flavour
I hold it tight on the driver or drill it whatever you wind it on and snug the ends up while under tension 2mm 5/6 turns of 1mm x 0.1 is a good size coil

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

To stop my 1mm x 0.1 ribbon being a twat,I wind it on a drill bit then grab the ends with pliers & give it a good hard pull.This seems to snug the wraps together so I can wrap it fairly loose and reduce overlaps.Only issue is,this can mark the wire so much care is needed to avoid the legs simply melting away & a new coil created.

AcmeFog
Back
Top Bottom