What's new

Wire question

ZT

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hiya .. ive asked this in the main forum .. but Im gonna ask here as well considering its your page Im getting it from :)

Nichrome or kanthal .. which is best ? whats the difference ?

also .. wire mesh .. do i HAVE to have a cooks blow torch?

Ive done a bit of rebuilding .. but never tried mesh yet .. am unsure wether to give it a go

Hiya mate, am going to have to subscribe to my own forum so I get notifications when there are new threads. Just happened across this.

You do need a torch really. What I like to do is do a whole sheet at a time with a plumbers torch before I cut any. Then after it's cut before you roll it just fold the edges over on the inside of the roll. Then you just have to burn the eliquid with a normal lighter like you would normally do.

I don't find there's too much of a difference other than kanthal seems to be more resilient with hot spots which is a good thing. Some people say there's a metallic with kanthal, some are sensitive to the nickel in nichrome.

I always tell people to go with .20mm kanthal and consider not hearing back from them a good sign :)

Hmm ... I may have to order kanthal and nichrome .. just to compare!

I dont have a plumbers torch :( would the gas ring do ?

yes m8 i use the cooker .20 kanthal 400 mesh hope this helps

I think the gas ring would do fine actually mate :)

I do sampler packs of wire with 2m of each size in or if you want a metre or 2 as a sample just add a note in the order comments and I'll be happy to oblige ;)

can you do me a mix sample ?

i.e. : 2 meters .2 Ni and 2m of .2 Kanthal ? how much if you can ?

And Ill order some wick and mesh ?

OH bloody hell .. there are different gauges of mesh!

316 or 400 ?

Back
Top Bottom