Vape Club
What's new

GP Salt & Pepper Tank

Both my wife and myself use Sophias and we also splurged and got "The Cage" tanks to go with them.
I could be accused of shooting myself in the foot here because I would urge you to get a Real Sophia from Jeff at House of Mods, the clones are not in the same ball park at all and I know this to my own expense. Yes, I bought one, after the real thing it was awful, very flimsy, was a pain to set up properly compared to a real one and had a tendency to flood at any opportunity. Needless to say it was binned.
I am the first to admit that a Sophia and a decent tank "can" appear expensive, well remember this old saying, buy cheap and buy twice, pay more and do it once!
The heads are an absolute doddle to make and you will save yourself a considerable amount making your own. By all means buy some ready made ones with your Sophia and then watch Todd's review of the Sophia where he shows you how to build your own head, so you keep the ceramic cups from your pre made heads, buy some Res/NoRes wire from Stealthvape along with some 2mm Wick and you are off!
With a bit of practice, you can be doing them for about 7p a shot. Good value or what?:grin2:

The Electronic Cigarette Company
You can also buy premade coils and wicks for the Sophia and killer, which are pretty good off the bat. Then all you really need to do is pull out the wick once it needs changing dry burn the coil, fling in some more silica or cotton, rinse and repeat. I've been using the same coil for months!!

How u re wicking like that mate? Is it just really carefully threading the silica through or are u using cotton? I ask coz I always use a new coil as I would've thought it was too hard threading silica through. I'm not a fan of cotton.

Take a piece of 2mm wick double it over then wrap your res/wires wire around that and then straighten the legs out, thread the legs down the two tiny holes next to the central hole in the ceramic cup. One is then trimmed and sent back up the centre hole a little way. The other wire is then wrapped round the ceramic cup and sent up on the outside on the exteriour of the cup between the two pieces ends of the wicks that are protruding. Now push the ceramic cup down into the base of the Sophia, you'll see the centre post that connects the bottom of the cup to the Sophia's base.
Once it is in securely, trim the top wick so it is snug to the ceramic cup Bottom wicks will be trimmed when you screw the Sophia's head on.

Watch this excellent video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vape Green
Take a piece of 2mm wick double it over then wrap your res/wires wire around that and then straighten the legs out, thread the legs down the two tiny holes next to the central hole in the ceramic cup. One is then trimmed and sent back up the centre hole a little way. The other wire is then wrapped round the ceramic cup and sent up on the outside on the exteriour of the cup between the two pieces ends of the wicks that are protruding. Now push the ceramic cup down into the base of the Sophia, you'll see the centre post that connects the bottom of the cup to the Sophia's base.
Once it is in securely, trim the top wick so it is snug to the ceramic cup Bottom wicks will be trimmed when you screw the Sophia's head on.

Watch this excellent video.

Hi Rob,
You misunderstand me, I've been coiling Sophia's like that for a while, I was interested in Jim saying he just re wicks leaving the same coil in place to use over again. I can do that with cotton on my kayfun but didn't think it was possible with silica in a Sophia. But thanks for taking the time to reply. Have you tried just re-wicking and keeping the same coil?

Tried this method, but prefer silica wicks with my Sophias

Premier Ecigs
How u re wicking like that mate? Is it just really carefully threading the silica through or are u using cotton? I ask coz I always use a new coil as I would've thought it was too hard threading silica through. I'm not a fan of cotton.

I remove the old silica and either thread some cotton through the coil or double up some 2mm silica in a loop, squeeze the loop end tighter and use a thin bit of wire looped through to pull it carefully through. I use the ribbon wire premades as I find they are slightly wider and easier*to shuffle back into place compared to the standard wire ones.

When threading back through I also use a small flat screwdriver to help keep the coils from bunching up too much, then tidy the coils up after.

AcmeFog
I remove the old silica and either thread some cotton through the coil or double up some 2mm silica in a loop, squeeze the loop end tighter and use a thin bit of wire looped through to pull it carefully through. I use the ribbon wire premades as I find they are slightly wider and easier*to shuffle back into place compared to the standard wire ones.

When threading back through I also use a small flat screwdriver to help keep the coils from bunching up too much, then tidy the coils up after.

Cheers mate, well explained. I'll give that a go.

Can't manage anything that fiddly at the moment due to a health issue, so I just replace the whole lot when required.

Last edited:
Smoore
Back
Top Bottom