What's new

[Guide] How to build your Fogger v4

Just wasted my morning trying to coil my V4 fogger! Making the coils is fine. As soon as I start tightening the screws my carefully constructed build falls apart. I try and do it so that I leave the smallest amount of thread on the screw possible to wrap the coil legs around, yet as soon as I put the screwdriver to it, the coils get yanked all over the place. I re-insert the screwdriver bit that I wrapped around and tweezers to try and tease the coils back into shape but they're ruined. I ended up getting it working, but I'm yet to see any 'fog' from the fogger! My taifun clone performs at least 3 times better for me, as well as taking 2mins to set up. I want to like the fogger, but it gives me a smaller amount of vapour than anything else I've tried. Yet they are so highly rated by so many people, I gotta be doing something wrong. It's only now I understand people in the classifieds saying 'I couldn't get on with it'. I AM GOING TO MASTER THIS FOGGER!

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Just wasted my morning trying to coil my V4 fogger! Making the coils is fine. As soon as I start tightening the screws my carefully constructed build falls apart. I try and do it so that I leave the smallest amount of thread on the screw possible to wrap the coil legs around, yet as soon as I put the screwdriver to it, the coils get yanked all over the place. I re-insert the screwdriver bit that I wrapped around and tweezers to try and tease the coils back into shape but they're ruined. I ended up getting it working, but I'm yet to see any 'fog' from the fogger! My taifun clone performs at least 3 times better for me, as well as taking 2mins to set up. I want to like the fogger, but it gives me a smaller amount of vapour than anything else I've tried. Yet they are so highly rated by so many people, I gotta be doing something wrong. It's only now I understand people in the classifieds saying 'I couldn't get on with it'. I AM GOING TO MASTER THIS FOGGER!

pro tip, wrap the coils on a screwdriver/drillbit and leave them on it, then use another screwdriver to tighten the screws down with, they wont move at all, then slip out the screwdriver and wick the coils :)

pro tip, wrap the coils on a screwdriver/drillbit and leave them on it, then use another screwdriver to tighten the screws down with, they wont move at all, then slip out the screwdriver and wick the coils :)

Cheers bud, I do! Just as soon as I tighten I get angry at not having three hands. I need one holding each drill bit that is threaded through a coil, and one screw down. The build always looks a bit naff for me. Saying that, not naff enough to explain the lack of vapour. I get some flavour, the throathit is hot, yet still no vapour. I don't mean no cloud chasing standard vapour, I mean like about a tenth of what I would get from anything else. No dry hits, no gurgling, just no vapour!

Cheers bud, I do! Just as soon as I tighten I get angry at not having three hands. I need one holding each drill bit that is threaded through a coil, and one screw down. The build always looks a bit naff for me. Saying that, not naff enough to explain the lack of vapour. I get some flavour, the throathit is hot, yet still no vapour. I don't mean no cloud chasing standard vapour, I mean like about a tenth of what I would get from anything else. No dry hits, no gurgling, just no vapour!

Thats weird mines chucks it out!! I would experiment with different amounts of wick, less is more in this atty I have found. Good Luck!!

Thats weird mines chucks it out!! I would experiment with different amounts of wick, less is more in this atty I have found. Good Luck!!

Cheers man, will prob keep trying every week or so. Hoping I've not bought a dud. Thanks for the tips, will try adjusting the amount of cotton, gauge wire etc. I appreciate the advice.

Cheers man, will prob keep trying every week or so. Hoping I've not bought a dud. Thanks for the tips, will try adjusting the amount of cotton, gauge wire etc. I appreciate the advice.

Persevere with it mate, it's a beast and in a league of it's own compared to Kayfuns n Taifuns.

As far as the building issues, make sure the atty is screwed into a stable base, ohm reader etc as then you have both hands free.

Wrap the coils on 2 different screwdrivers and leave them in the coil like Mostly said.

Use your left hand to hold both screwdrivers (coils) in place and tighten with the right hand.

You don't need to over tighten either, once it starts snatching at the coils then it's fully tight.

The vapour from the fogger is DOUBLE that of my other RBAs so something's definitely not right mate...

Persevere with it mate, it's a beast and in a league of it's own compared to Kayfuns n Taifuns.

As far as the building issues, make sure the atty is screwed into a stable base, ohm reader etc as then you have both hands free.

Wrap the coils on 2 different screwdrivers and leave them in the coil like Mostly said.

Use your left hand to hold both screwdrivers (coils) in place and tighten with the right hand.

You don't need to over tighten either, once it starts snatching at the coils then it's fully tight.

The vapour from the fogger is DOUBLE that of my other RBAs so something's definitely not right mate...

And both of mine leak twice as much as my other RBA'S lol.

Sent from my couch using the internetz....

And both of mine leak twice as much as my other RBA'S lol.

Sent from my couch using the internetz....
No idea why yours are leaking so much! I build mine like I do in the guide in first post, never had any leaks ever on both versions 4.3 and 4.4.

It took me a while to get a decent build on mine with most of the problems coming from either using too much cotton or pushing the cotton too far into the channels. I still get a bit of leaking under the air control ring if it is fully open but it's nothing major. When you get it right the things a beast and very thirsty!

**Leaking when you refill could be the juice that is left behind in the drip tip well, i've noticed a liquid build up in there quite a lot.

***I found that cutting the ends of the cotton at 45 degrees stopped a lot of the too much cotton in the channels issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom