What's new

Advanced cloud chasing guide

A word of caution.

For those new to sub ohming and cloud chasing don't cut corners and do the homework.
Make sure you have the batteries for the job and a heavy mod that vents properly, I wouldn't advise trying this on a cheap clone or battery of unknown origins !!

There is a picture below that is not for the squeamish but I believe has to be posted to show mod or battery failure is a serious situation.

I have linked to the image so only those that wish to see the results of a failure will see it.

THIS LINK SHOWS A HAND INJURY CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK

Your wish is my command!, It's down to the way the switch makes contact it uses the base of the battery as a fixed point for 1 Magnet and the other is recessed into the switch. the button then fits loosely into the tube. It's that loose fit of the button that is the problem, you don't get great contact between the button and the sidewall and at high amps you can get arcing as the contact makes and breaks at random.

Thanks for that. When I push the button in a can move it from side to side so that makes perfect sense. I guess I've found another reason I need a new mod :D this is getting very expensive now as my taste has changed so I want something high quality.. Damn shinyitis is evolving. I didn't think I'd caught it as I was so happy with my Nem clone and Igo w.. 2 Mods and 3 drippers later I'm looking at the expensive stuff and then looking at my stuff thinking they need upgrading :)

Thanks for that. When I push the button in a can move it from side to side so that makes perfect sense. I guess I've found another reason I need a new mod :D this is getting very expensive now as my taste has changed so I want something high quality.. Damn shinyitis is evolving. I didn't think I'd caught it as I was so happy with my Nem clone and Igo w.. 2 Mods and 3 drippers later I'm looking at the expensive stuff and then looking at my stuff thinking they need upgrading :)

The New Revolver mod has an interesting new switch & lock - see Todd's reviews...

That linkef picture has nothing to do with sub ohm vaping, its a nautilus on there. The clearomiser with the floating pin that can short on mechs with solid pins. Please, if your going to scare monger, at least give it some basis in reality.

That linkef picture has nothing to do with sub ohm vaping, its a nautilus on there. The clearomiser with the floating pin that can short on mechs with solid pins. Please, if your going to scare monger, at least give it some basis in reality.

Would someone new to sub ohms or cloud chasing know it's ill advised to try it on a Nautilus clone ?

I don't think it's scare mongering to offer advise such as 'do your homework', be sure you have the battery for the job and avoid low quality clones.
Vapers going into this area have usually been using a regulated device which offers some protection and maybe blissfully unaware of the possible outcome of an incorrect setup.

I think it is better to show what can happen as I'm sure most wouldn't be aware that a cheapo battery in a low grade tube is a potential pipe bomb, I don't think I sensationalized it but offered evidence of a possible negative outcome that would go some way to encourage proper research, this does happen so people should know even if it is rare.

This site is about information and education to enable vapers to get the best and safest experience with their new nicotine alternative so what happened to the guys hand in the picture is relevant and useful as I guess 30 seconds before it happened he had no idea it was possible or what he was doing wrong.

Kinda just proves that all vaping can be dangerous. Which was a good thing to post here. And I agree that sub ohming is more dangerous.
But if you're prepared to launch from a cannon wearing only a speedo. Then climb aboard! Hehehe

Raguri

Are oreco storm drppers any good for clouds? I love mine for flavours but once I get past .5 ohms it doesn't seem to improve in vapour?

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

@Raguri

Are oreco storm drppers any good for clouds? I love mine for flavours but once I get past .5 ohms it doesn't seem to improve in vapour?

if you widen out the airflow. Yes, Not the best. but they can work at a real pinch. :P

What drippers do you prefer?

I prefer the TOBH 2.5 or the PlumeVeil if you are serious about clouds they are not cheap and you need a good mech to get the best out of them, I only use Sony VTC5's and I replace them for new every 4-6 weeks of constant/heavy use, it's the battery that's doing the work and is the part that could harm if there is a failure. You don't have to bin them just retire them to a life of regulation....

Back
Top Bottom