What's new

Advanced cloud chasing guide

Raguri

Nutter!
Right then you damn dirty apes! Listen up. Since P vaper is having a competition at VF, I want to see as many of you lot blowing clouds as possible! If I see someone blow a puny cloud, they will be punished, and it will not be a nice punishment either!

I know I've already done one guide. but sod it. I'll write this up. Do NOT try this as your first time cloud chasing, as you will fuck up, and it will hurt you. This is getting into the 'dangerous' side of cloud chasing, Hence why I am only posting builds I have personally done, and know the ohms of. Everything is wrapped around a 2mm drill bit, everything is checked on two ohm meters before firing.

So, you've done sub ohming and you're bored of it, you want more. Welcome to the world of super sub ohming.
What is super sub ohming?
Nobody knows for sure, but the general gist of it is this - Where you push your batteries MORE than their continuous amp limit.
As a result. I cannot deem this entirely safe. Hence why I am putting up my own PERSONAL builds I have been vaping on for a few months. And also a list of mods you do NOT try this on! Any damage done to yourself. or your surroundings are not my responsibility or that of POTV. You do this at your own risk.

With regards to airflow, you need at least 7mm total for these builds... AT LEAST.

So.

0.8 Wire - 4 wraps around 2mm. Dual coiled. Should give you a resistance of 0.1-0.12. This is the base build I use for everything and gives huge clouds and pretty decent flavour...

0.6 Wire - 3 Wrap parralel around 2mm dual coiled - More flavour. more Clouds, with a resistance of 0.07, This is my favourite build to date until I ran out of 0.6,,,, :P

0.5 Wire - 2xTwisted. Around 2mm Dual coiled - Huge heat up time, but good flavour, 5 wraps gave a 0.14 resistance iirc. Flavour wise it's superb. cloud wise it's pretty weak...

Mods you DONT use:

Anything with a sprung positive.
Anything with 4nine in the name.
Anything like the fortune OB.
Anything with a fuse.

And only ONLY ONLY use either 30 amp continuous purple efests (NOT THE 35!!!!), or Sony 30 amp Continuous.

Right then. something I should also mention,,, You are now entering burst amps, So take 5/6 second hits MAXIMUM. Your battery may get warm, this is normal, just leave it to cool down for a little bit before taking another hit.

Last edited:
Also. always always check your builds on a meter! For example, I haven't done the twisted 0.5 for a while now, so if anyone does it feel free to let me know if I remembered it wrong! :P

Why is the Fortune not suitable? The only problem I can think of is the magnets dying, at which point the battery would loose connection.

I've had it down to .17 but the Twisted .45 kanthal was a pain in the arse to get rid of hotshots which is why I sacked it.

Why is the Fortune not suitable? The only problem I can think of is the magnets dying, at which point the battery would loose connection.

I've had it down to .17 but the Twisted .45 kanthal was a pain in the arse to get rid of hotshots which is why I sacked it.

After the issues I had with a 4nine below 0.1 I added that as a maybe. I've never tried it I will admit, but, anything that uses the sidewall of the tube as a contact point to me is a big no no...
Lets just say that with the 4nine, it sparked. Literally. If you're going to VF, I'll be more than happy to test the fortune out with my competition build? ;)

Haha I treasure it too much to put it in your destructive hands

Would you mind giving a bit further explanation as to why the 4nine is not suitable? I have it on order. *sigh*

Would you mind giving a bit further explanation as to why the 4nine is not suitable? I have it on order. *sigh*

See above mate. :P

It might be fine for you. But I don't recommend it due to it happening to both myself and a friend of mine.

Oh, the button contact with the sidewall of the tube. I'm sorry, I couldn't wrap my head around it for a minute. Thanks

After the issues I had with a 4nine below 0.1 I added that as a maybe. I've never tried it I will admit, but, anything that uses the sidewall of the tube as a contact point to me is a big no no...
Lets just say that with the 4nine, it sparked. Literally. If you're going to VF, I'll be more than happy to test the fortune out with my competition build? ;)

I wonder why that would be though? I like to know how stuff works but I'm a little stumped as to why that would happen.
Tubbyengineer may be able to answer that.

Last edited:
I wonder why that would be though? I like to know how stuff works but I'm a little stumped as to why that would happen.
@Tubbyengineer may be able to answer that.
Your wish is my command!, It's down to the way the switch makes contact it uses the base of the battery as a fixed point for 1 Magnet and the other is recessed into the switch. the button then fits loosely into the tube. It's that loose fit of the button that is the problem, you don't get great contact between the button and the sidewall and at high amps you can get arcing as the contact makes and breaks at random.

Back
Top Bottom