What's new

i know these are meant to be fiddly until you get the hang of them but f*ck me...

ps after reading thread properly was in the same boat last week @m0th on Kraken Murder

Can for sure get mouth to lungs out of it tho takes a bit of cracking does the Kraken.

ha ha ha, the threads are nearly identical. i too have almost run out of .28mm kanthal, have a pile of coil and mesh bits and have nearly bounced my mod off a wall.

i've also discovered another problem with the kraken. my sister keeps calling me a fucking greyjoy!

fuck that s/s wick .looks too much like hard work /only ever heard people moaning how hard gennies are to set up .. no need for gennies when there are kayfuns in the world :umm:

They can be tricky but once you get used to it they are nothing short of amazing.

The benefits of a tank with the flavour and vapour of a dripper.

Don't get me wrong I love Kayfuns but the Kraken destroys it!

Gennies generally need to be tipped to aid juice flow.
The odd cotton wicked genny kept up but mesh never did in my experience.

My Kraken/Prometheus/Steam turbine have been sat on the shelf since the Taifun GT was purchased tbh.

Taifun GT, now there's a worthy opponent!

Do love my Taifun, quick and easy and performs well.

Wouldn't be without either atomizer now :)

ha ha ha, the threads are nearly identical. i too have almost run out of .28mm kanthal, have a pile of coil and mesh bits and have nearly bounced my mod off a wall.

i've also discovered another problem with the kraken. my sister keeps calling me a fucking greyjoy!

Obvious solution: get a Stillare (with Cartel drip tip) and she'll start calling you a Lannister...

Some great info in this thread. I got an hcigar kraken this morning. I had some ss rope from previous(failed) attempts at gennies. Cut rope to 27mm wrapped mesh, 15 mins working out hotspots and I can really understand why todd and everyone love this atty. Im gonna leave this build in for a few tanks then try something neater. I will never use mesh only again, Im a heavy vaper and dry hits off mesh are awful. At last I "get" gennies.:grin2:

Bob

Just another little something i've noticed using ss rope/mesh combo-the wick and coil can get very gunked up,and while it doesn't adversely affect the vape its not a pretty sight.
A couple of times now i've dry burned it before the coils completely disappeared under a layer of gunk,pulsed it til the coils glowed,put the tank back together,filled the tank and vaped away-urrrgggghh-that rank metallic taste was back and it took a couple of hours to work itself out.
The last time i dry burned,did it only til the build up had burned away(blowing on the coils whilst pulsing)put it back together etc-vaped perfectly from the off.
Just wondering if any other ss rope users had also noticed this when dry burning ?

i'm gonna have to get some ss rope and some dental floss to put behind the o-rings. i ordered 3 spare glass tank sections with it and only one of them fits tightly enough to have a seal. i pulled the glass off by accident while i was in bed last night as it came off so easily and got covered. doesn't seem to be wicking as well since the spillage and i have no idea what i've done to it now.

still, when you get a vape it's awesome!

i've just tried some thinner juice (liqua) in my kraken instead of the thicker 50/50 juice that i mix myself and this bad boy is wicking like a champ. just wondering what i'll have to do different to get it going with my home-brew. higher grade mesh or lower?

i've just tried some thinner juice (liqua) in my kraken instead of the thicker 50/50 juice that i mix myself and this bad boy is wicking like a champ. just wondering what i'll have to do different to get it going with my home-brew. higher grade mesh or lower?

I have been using 2mil SS Cable and 400 SS mesh for my RSST's wicks. I just got some 500 SS mesh and will soon give a try wrapping the SS Cable with that -report back before FDA shuts me down.

I have been using 2mil SS Cable and 400 SS mesh for my RSST's wicks. I just got some 500 SS mesh and will soon give a try wrapping the SS Cable with that -report back before FDA shuts me down.

FDA ? is it that bad ??

FDA ? is it that bad ??
Well It don't look good. FDA wants any E Cig Device or Liquid that came on the Market after 2007 to submit to its review process. This takes tons of paperwork documentation,money and at least 1 yr if not 2 or more to process through the FDA. Only very large companies[like all big tobacco] could afford to do this. They are taking public comment until the end of August then will finalize their rules and ask Congress to approve this authority under The Tobacco Control Act. Here is a summary of what the FDA is asking for

[h=3]ummary of the New Rules[/h]

• E-cigarettes cannot be sold to minors (aged under 18).
  • Pre-approval or substantial equivalence determinations (equivalent to a product marketed in the US before February 15th, 2007) must be provided for all new e-cigarette products and all existing products.
  • Free samples of e-cigarette products will be banned.
  • Health warnings must be displayed stating that nicotine is an addictive drug.
  • Full ingredients listing and reporting of harmful and potentially harmful constituents required.
  • Companies are only allowed to make direct or implied claims of reduced risk if the FDA agrees that scientific evidence supports the claim (to clarify, the FDA is currently unsurewhether e-cigarettes are safer than tobacco cigarettes), and that marketing of the product would be beneficial to public health as a whole.
  • Vending machines selling e-cigs (or other tobacco products) can only be placed in locations where youths aren’t permitted.
  • No ban on flavorings.
  • No ban on advertising.
  • No ban on online sales (to adults).
  • Following 75 day public comment period, the final rule will be published and age restrictions will come into effect 30 days later. Other requirements (such as health warnings) will not come into effect until two years after final publication of the rule.
  • Companies will have two years from the final publication of the rules to submit substantial equivalence or premarket approval applications, and products can remain on the market at least until the applications have been responded to.
  • The regulation is generally open-ended, meaning further rules (such as restrictions on flavors, for example) could be introduced in the future as separate measures.

The Director of the FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products, Mitch Zeller, commented that “the proposed rule would give the FDA additional tools to protect the public health in today’s rapidly evolving tobacco marketplace, including the review of new tobacco products and their health-related claims.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom