What's new

SS Mesh ? Who knows about that stuff then ?

vaporsizer

Veteran
Got me a little AGA-S & i think it's only gonna work with a mesh wick. Never used ss mesh before so i'm wondering what i need to know in the way of where to get the good stuff & what grade or whatever it is. Once i have some i'll be fine with it, oxidizing & rolling it etc . Are there any no-go areas for that kind of wick ? I know that not all kanthal is as good as they say but mesh & me havn't meshed yet ! Any brainy monkeys here today ? Thanks.

Get mine from here sell rope too the latter being the main reason used this vendor hard to find, I use #400 works fine for me.

Vape Gear

EDIT mine is 25 Micron since there is two options, no idea if the 30 is better all I know is this works :)

Last edited:
I still have a soft spot for my little aga-a, it's a great little gennie. I use stealthvapes 400 mesh and it handles everything well. The way I do it is to make a coil and fix it in place, fire it a few times to set it. Then roll the wick and thread it through the coil. Then just pulse the button. It can take a little while to oxidise but you know when it is done as it will glow evenly with no hotspots. I found this method works much better than preoxidising the wick as it seems to sort the hotspots out as it goes.

I still have a soft spot for my little aga-a, it's a great little gennie. I use stealthvapes 400 mesh and it handles everything well. The way I do it is to make a coil and fix it in place, fire it a few times to set it. Then roll the wick and thread it through the coil. Then just pulse the button. It can take a little while to oxidise but you know when it is done as it will glow evenly with no hotspots. I found this method works much better than preoxidising the wick as it seems to sort the hotspots out as it goes.

Thanks, i was fishing around at stealthvape first but so far i havn't found the mesh yet. If it's there i'd go straight to them first.

Edit that... Found it.

Get mine from here sell rope too the latter being the main reason used this vendor hard to find, I use #400 works fine for me.

Vape Gear

EDIT mine is 25 Micron since there is two options, no idea if the 30 is better all I know is this works :)

Thanks Rob. Me being a stupid boy, i got the atty from Vape gear & figured i'd just chuck some cotton in it. Could've got the mesh while i was at it. They give some good service though, i ordered the atty yesterday afternoon & the damn thing arrived today, top marks.

I'll just have to suck on some dry silica til monday or tuesday then, mmmmm silica ! :grin2:

Get a wool micro going in there no bother man, silica /shivers...

I did already but it won't wick. Stuck a normal coil (Alien thing) in there with some silica & it's twice as good but still not giving up it's secrets. I think mesh is the way with this, just a gut feeling so i'll step outside of my cotton cloud & do what i've seen a 100 times but never bothered to try myself before.
I might try an up-n-over effort while i'm waiting.

I did already but it won't wick. Stuck a normal coil (Alien thing) in there with some silica & it's twice as good but still not giving up it's secrets. I think mesh is the way with this, just a gut feeling so i'll step outside of my cotton cloud & do what i've seen a 100 times but never bothered to try myself before.
I might try an up-n-over effort while i'm waiting.

Not sure if you have had gennies so sorry if you have bud I found myself the hardway that gennies you have to tip them wont wick vertically on there own unless you use rope then they will wick all day long standing upright, not sure with mesh straws but think they need tipping too to get get the juice flowing into the coils.

Again sorry if this is an already known fact.

Not sure if you have had gennies so sorry if you have bud I found myself the hardway that gennies you have to tip them wont wick vertically on there own unless you use rope then they will wick all day long standing upright, not sure with mesh straws but think they need tipping too to get get the juice flowing into the coils.

Again sorry if this is an already known fact.

I'll learn soon enough i guess. Attys are funny things, this one has a top cap that just lifts straight off, the o rings do nothing to hold it, stupid thing !!!! Pity because when the wick is wet it gives a good vape. I got it to shove in the gizmo & to replace the NV mini. In theory it should wipe the floor clean with the nv but with a top cap like that i'm gonna have to twiddle again. Nothings ever simple eh !

Back
Top Bottom