Innokin
What's new

Kraken Love..A turnaround.. Do you love the Kraken?

i love my kraken when i've got normal shop bought juice in it but as soon as i put some of my 50/50 homebrew in which is a lot thicker in it it doesn't wick fast enough. i'm using 400 mesh at the moment but i have a metre of 2.5mm and a sample pack of all the widths on the way to see if they work better. i'm using a fasttech clone and the tank section is very very loose, as it the top cap. i wouldn't dare put it in my pocket because i'd probably pull the tank and top cap off as i retrieve it. for in the house though, the flavour and vapour are immense. i've got it coiled to about 1.2 ohms.

Last edited:
E-liquids.com
i love my kraken when i've got normal shop bought juice in it but as soon as i put some of my 50/50 homebrew in which is a lot thicker in it it doesn't wick fast enough. i'm using 400 mesh at the moment but i have a metre of 2.5mm and a sample pack of all the widths on the way to see if they work better. i'm using a fasttech clone and the tank section is very very loose, as it the top cap. i wouldn't dare put it in my pocket because i'd probably pull the tank and top cap off as i retrieve it. for in the house though, the flavour and vapour are immense. i've got it coiled to about 1.2 ohms.

I vape 50/50 and 60/40 vg on ss rope no problems
Nothing wicks as well as ss rope IMO

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

I vape 50/50 and 60/40 vg on ss rope no problems
Nothing wicks as well as ss rope IMO

it was you that put me onto it by posting your build in my thread, i'm going to have a go tomorrow hopefully if it lands.

Vape Green
it was you that put me onto it by posting your build in my thread, i'm going to have a go tomorrow hopefully if it lands.
All good get your man size cutters/chisel out and have a bash :)

Smoore
i'm using a fasttech clone and the tank section is very very loose, as it the top cap. i wouldn't dare put it in my pocket because i'd probably pull the tank and top cap off as i retrieve it.

You can make it tighter by putting fatter o'rings on or by putting some PTFE tape or dental floss under the o'rings, and if it doesn't have an o'ring on the bottom start by putting one on there.

AcmeFog
Other u turn for me recently after running mechs/drippers sub ohm max air for ages a kraken sub initially, tonight with a single 1.6ohm and a crazy high 8.9watts three quarter air in bloody heaven with lords and digbys custard after gradually going lower and lower staying low for a quite some time it's just refreshing going back the other way the juices I am using presently vaping are certainly better for it. The draw to go sub ohm glad I am over it for now sure I'll go back juice dependant.

it's a weird ever changing journey this vaping merlarky.

Yep,love the Kraken-can't beat ss rope/mesh combo(although i've been playing around with mesh "straws",undecided on them as yet)it can take a while to get it right(not an ideal 1st RBA,but thats another thread)but when you do :woot:

i'm going to have a go tomorrow hopefully if it lands.

Heres a couple of tips i've found helps when building,and can also reduce the chance of leaks...
The rope needs to be cut so that its level with the top of the positve post,and the mesh should reach from the top of this to the wick hole so theres no gap between mesh and deck,ideally it needs to almost be in the wick hole-this ensures all the juice drawn up goes into the mesh and not all over the deck,and the bit above the coil acts as a resevoir for excess juice,reducing the chance of dry hits,much like you'd do with cotton.Ideally you want just over a full wrap of mesh round the rope,and after you've torched the mesh(prior to wrapping round your rope)to oxidise it soak it in either pg or spare/rank/dodgy juice,light it and let it burn off.Do this 5 or 6 times-it has the effect of speeding up the breaking in period of the mesh and guarentees almost no dodgy tastes from the mesh.
Roll the mesh tight as you can on the end of the wick and give it another good torching before fitting it.
just one other thing,fill your tank,but DON'T prime your wick,instead tip your mod to about 45 degrees with the wick at the bottom,if everythings ok you'll be able to see the juice soaking its way up the mesh turning it a nice shiny black colour.
Fire it up and enjoy...
Hope this helps,and if you already know all this...well i'm bored with nothing better to dothan blather on etc... :P

Innokin
Looking forward to getting my 1st kraken v. Soon ;-)

Sent from a vape cloud using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom