What's new

Kraken Love..A turnaround.. Do you love the Kraken?

PLEASE dont tell me I spent a fortune on the rose for nothing. I loved the kayfun, but fell out of love with it because its impossible for it to not work. I like faffing about and swearing at builds until I get it right. I also loved the ithaka which is very similar to the rose. Can I put a cotton build in the rose?

Bob

Lots of faffing can be had with the Rose, was a really good vape just not for me one bit of advice you can coil with the cups in or without easier without but a warmer vape with, I had a hardon for gennies at the time still do and had to raise quite a bit of funds for a Calibre so flogged it I'm sure you will love it its like a kayfun on steroids.

Edit best build I had was with cotton but didnt have it long thread here when I got mine:
http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/f...nnoisseurs-club_591/41249-rose-v2-banter.html

Last edited:
Thats the beauty of clones I guess, if you like the clone then how much better is the real thing going to be? I have a heron on order from ft after all the hype on here I thought I woould give it a try, also a Ruzgar which might be fun. Its my first order from ft since xmas I have tried to buy in this country since then, but couldnt see them in this country until I had ordered.

Bob

sorry was afk, banging another 1.6 in never tried dual on the first Kraken so thought I would with this one really nice vape used to vape the other one single 0.8 dual to the same ohm is brill :)

Other than the battery on the Old silver mod is pretty wasted from setting the coil that didnt fall on but not so bad.

EDIT pulled second one out already heh, too low for the juice I am running at mo for me single is just right.

Last edited:
I can see me going all Miss Pepper on these in the genuine variety all versions/colours/materials req all slowly slowly when funds allow I sooo nearly bought a gold one but it would of ended in tears so gona miss out there.

If it wasnt for the having to be carefull on leaks when out and about be the perfect ATI in my book.

I bloody love Krakens, really watching VA now he can keep his box mod tho.

Kraken with dual 3 mm 19x7 ss rope, 500 35 micron mesh and 0.4 mm ribbon wire: Heaven, best flavour I have had from my juice by far.

Very low maintenance:
Steam clean + dry burn the wicks 2-3 times a week (10 mins)
Replace the coils about every 3 weeks
Replace the mesh every 3-9 weeks
Replace the wicks 2 or 3 times year.

based on vaping 8-10 ml a day between 20 & 30 W.

dna.jpg

Last edited:
Kraken with dual 2.5 mm 19x7 ss rope, 500 35 micron mesh and 0.4 mm ribbon wire: Heaven, best flavour I have had from my juice by far.

Very low maintenance:
Steam clean + dry burn the wicks 2-3 times a week (10 mins)
Replace the coils about every 3 weeks
Replace the mesh every 3-9 weeks
Replace the wicks 2 or 3 times year.

based on vaping 8-10 ml a day between 20 & 30 W.

dna.jpg

they are really low maintenance I am pulsing mine between refils even if its the same juice just to check coils as hard to tell without being dry probably dont need to ran my first build in my first Kraken for three weeks without doing anything else, this one will see dont feel the need to change it unless I fiddle with it which is likely:

3mm SS rope previous Kraken
#400 mesh
four wraps of 1.1x01 ribbon
Single 0.8
Great vape what tickled my buttons in the first place.

This one currently is same but 2mm rope got no 3mm presently, and 4 wraps of straight up .20mm Kanthal comes out 1.6 with a custard type juice loving this, and been stuck in sub ohm for ages not always the way I guess 1.6 on the Kraken to me is a very different vape to any other ATI I have tried if I was blind testing it would think it was allot lower.

really versitile, loads of flavour just point blank good.

Thanks for the post good to know what your routine is as not had it long enough to know really how far I can push each bit in terms of time good to get another view and good to hear another fan.

deffo still leaks for me the genuine if left on its side might be build be interested to hear if folks with 3mm wicks are leak free or not? (for those that never had one it has to be on its side a good while one thing for new buyer too duno if its 1.1 or the prevous owner changed the o-rings but can pop the tank on/off with no issues real easy, vids at time of release showed other wise)

leaking if left its a pain but not enough to stop the love for me, keep it upright done.

Last edited:
they are really low maintenance I am pulsing mine between refils even if its the same juice just to check coils as hard to tell without being dry probably dont need to ran my first build in my first Kraken for three weeks without doing anything else, this one will see dont feel the need to change it unless I fiddle with it which is likely:

3mm SS rope previous Kraken
#400 mesh
four wraps of 1.1x01 ribbon
Single 0.8
Great vape what tickled my buttons in the first place.

This one currently is same but 2mm rope got no 3mm presently, and 4 wraps of straight up .20mm Kanthal comes out 1.6 with a custard type juice loving this, and been stuck in sub ohm for ages not always the way I guess 1.6 on the Kraken to me is a very different vape to any other ATI I have tried if I was blind testing it would think it was allot lower.

really versitile, loads of flavour just point blank good.

Thanks for the post good to know what your routine is as not had it long enough to know really how far I can push each bit in terms of time good to get another view and good to hear another fan.

Cheers, I have 3 clones & 10 spare tanks, I do use 3 mm rope, used to use 2.5 (Ok upto about 25 W) and guess I'm just stuck in the past. I have used wider ribbon, but find the top coils ware out quicker and now think that 4 over 3 wraps is a good set up and the 0.4 x 0.01 works well for that. The widest ribbon I have used is 0.8 and was my preferred build in a RSST.

A good tip for them is if you put really skinny o'rings on the top section of the top cap you can refill by only removing the top section, so no overflow or mess.

The air flow control allows you to tune your vape as your battery goes down on a mech or have a big range on a DNA30 very easily.

I have been trying a TOBH this week at the same Ω as the kraken and the flavour is only about 60% of what I get from the Kraken. You get loads of vapour and Nic hit from the TOBH and its the best dripper I have tried, but too much faff in use even if the flavour was twice as good. IMO YMMV as I think different flavours suit different wick.

roballan

Krakem (clones) are great. The only 'fault' is the leaking when they are on their sides :(

Im still contemplating the DID clone for my 14500 :)

Back
Top Bottom