What's new

Kraken Love..A turnaround.. Do you love the Kraken?

Geordie Rob

Achiever
Da Kraken,

A thread for those that have love for the Kraken or those that think they fancy one, I had a mixed start with this ATI about a month ago actually sack that a bloody terrible start couldnt be worse and without allot of perseverance and some friendly help on here the Kraken an Hcigar brass clone Kraken Murder thread It would of been game over for me ATI launched in bits Eric vein blown done game over do not insert credit to continue was a very close thing.

I put allot of that frustration now in retrospect to it being my first genesis experience and probably a bit stupid on my part making it harder for myself using mesh and ss rope for the first time day one I got da Kraken, but after getting used to building with new matierals I fell in love with it, and started a pang for more things gennie like.

Biggest thing for me is I love the amount of air control you have and at the time of purchase thought that was just the norm being a genesis noob which just isnt the case having since buying gennies with static air holes the norm (which are top draw at what they do and have something else, but swapping out caps for dual is a pita being stuck on one draw is a HUGE pita)

The Kraken gives you allot of build and ohm options but comfortably no messing around swapping out top caps to suit a build, go all high ohm small air hunting taste if you want or go mental sub ohm loads of airy fluffy clouds or everything inbetween this thing just rocks in my book bloody love it, hey if clouds are your thing you can still pump out the vaper at plus ohm due to the amount of air you have on-tap, Id imagine its a bit of a marmite in terms of styling but guess what I love that too.

Been on the look for a Genuine for a week or so, just looking no way I could afford one right now but stumbled on a second hand minta v1.1 for less than half the price so snapped it up, from the murder thread a month ago to building the new one tonight and the build might aswell of just fell on it no bother what so ever, most likely nothing to do with it being a genuine this isnt that thread probably now just more accustomed to SS and mesh, but either way I just bloody love this ATI, its a dripper with a tank one minute to a tame setup RBA the next, in both forms with the right build a very flavoursome vape.

The only negative I had previously was mine would leak if I wasnt careful with it being upright in a pocket no idea if this new one will be the same. And me buying MASSIVE bolt cutters to cut rope after first round nightmares hardly the ATI's fault but chisels are allot better :)

DSC_01842.jpg

If you havent tried one but thought about it, just do it grab a clone or an original and have a play, I'm not gona go it one about why I think the Original is better which I do not in this thread the clones are pretty damn good so grab whatever you can afford but do yourself a favour and try one.

My first was from @vapegeek so if your after a clone cant go wrong there for 20quid supporting a UK business rather saving buttons going to FT.

That is all, sorry felt the need to post allota love on this one its an awesome ATI, old news to most but not to all I would of thought go buy one.

Do you love the Kraken? can you beat the cube?

Rob

Last edited:
Hope to have my 1st kraken by weekend or early next week

Sent from a vape cloud using Planet of the Vapes

Hope to have my 1st kraken by weekend or early next week

Sent from a vape cloud using Planet of the Vapes

Nice hope you like it :) If its your first gennie like it was mine might take a few sessions to fettle it or you may nail it first shot, not tried anything other than SS/Mesh/various wire as it just works very well I should try cotton at somepoint but to me having spools of cotton swimming in the tank juice just feels wrong to me for some reason, plenty folk get a great vape that way tho apparently.

I LOVE my two krakens. Im using dual coils with a cotton u wick at 25 watts. Absolutely brilliant vape. Got a rose coming tomorrow be interesting to see which wins out.

Bob

I LOVE my two krakens. Im using dual coils with a cotton u wick at 25 watts. Absolutely brilliant vape. Got a rose coming tomorrow be interesting to see which wins out.

Bob

See I guess I should try cotton at somepoint, I knew who won for me but I dont want to burst your bubble and were all different n all that but no contest for me dont get me wrong its a very very nice thing the rose very well built but not for me, but hey I didnt get on with Kayfuns either and everyone one and his dog loves them I must be just wierd.

See I guess I should try cotton at somepoint, I knew who won for me but I dont want to burst your bubble and were all different n all that but no contest for me dont get me wrong its a very very nice thing the rose very well built but not for me, but hey I didnt get on with Kayfuns either and everyone one and his dog loves them I must be just wierd.

PLEASE dont tell me I spent a fortune on the rose for nothing. I loved the kayfun, but fell out of love with it because its impossible for it to not work. I like faffing about and swearing at builds until I get it right. I also loved the ithaka which is very similar to the rose. Can I put a cotton build in the rose?

Bob

Back
Top Bottom