What's new

Voodoowool in Kanger head?

Your kidding - right?:hmm:

One more question if I may. Roughly what power can you vape at with your Voodoo builds without burning?

Depends on your resistance... there is a chart somewhere that gives it.

I couldn't possibly admit to dialing up a mini protank 3 with voodoowool and a 1.5 ohm coil to over 20 watts could I lol.

And I have a cotton stuffed voodoo wick in my RDA :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

At the moment I'm using a kanger dual coil head with the coil wrapped around 2mm voodoo and 1mm voodoo on top and it's working without dry hitting BUT it doesn't feel like a fully saturated vape like I was getting with silica so I'm thinking of removing the flavour wick (have a feeling it will flood without that though) if that fails I'll use 1mm voodoo to coil round with 1mm on top. Will report back :)

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

And I have a cotton stuffed voodoo wick in my RDA :-)

Ah! I had visions of trying to thread cotton wool through 2mm braid.:51: I guess you use fatter stuff in the RDA.

I'm thinking of removing the flavour wick (have a feeling it will flood without that though)

I had flooding problems until I removed the upside-down silicon cup on the chimney and replaced it with an O ring. That may be just due to the construction of my RGM2 tanks though. Never had a leak since. No gurgles either providing I ramrod the thing with a cotton bud every so often.

Ah! I had visions of trying to thread cotton wool through 2mm braid.:51: I guess you use fatter stuff in the RDA.

2.5mm, tis quite easy once you torch it and open it up with an allen key or similar. Make a little needle threading style effort with a bit of spare kanthal and feed your wick through. Jobs a good 'un!

2.5mm, tis quite easy once you torch it and open it up with an allen key or similar. Make a little needle threading style effort with a bit of spare kanthal and feed your wick through. Jobs a good 'un!

Thanks for that, I'm all excited now! Can you dry burn without toasting the cotton?

When you start putting cotton in though you're limited to 3 days max before a rebuild due to the cotton rotting and developing mould. Ick...

When you start putting cotton in though you're limited to 3 days max before a rebuild due to the cotton rotting and developing mould. Ick...

mmmmm mould..... But yeah, I did read that so I rewicked it last night. Not convinced if its really any better than straight voodoo tho.

Rob,

This Voodoo Wool is spot on bud !
I placed an order lastweek with you for 3mm and 2mm Voodoo. The 3mm in the Orieco Storm vaping a treat, I'm very impressed with this ;o)

The 2mm was for the kanger heads, unfortunately I've found that doesn't quite perform as well... Like the juice supply is being strangled at the side opening.

Just placed an order for some 1mm Voodoo + 1.8 res-non, so here's the question re wicking the 1mm :

For the 2mm and 3mm I used a 1.5mm Jewlers screwdriver down the center and wrapped loose open coils, what would you recommend for the 1mm ? Is the 1.5mm screwdriver too big ( maybe use this with tight wound coils ), or should I just use a pin and leave them loose ?.

Also, to torch or not to torch ?

Cheers

DmontVape

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom