What's new

Voodoowool in Kanger head?

atomised

Postman
I am using FT RGM2's. (Super cheapo Protanky EVODY sort of glass clearo.)

I rebuild the standard Kanger heads with Rob's 1R5 NR-R-NR and cotton.

They are astoundingly good, except for not being able to dry burn without removing the wick when my custard gunks up.

Has anyone tried Voodoowool in a Kanger head please?

I am using FT RGM2's. (Super cheapo Protanky EVODY sort of glass clearo.)

I rebuild the standard Kanger heads with Rob's 1R5 NR-R-NR and cotton.

They are astoundingly good, except for not being able to dry burn without removing the wick when my custard gunks up.

Has anyone tried Voodoowool in a Kanger head please?

Sorry for the late reply. I've been struck down by some god awful man flu virus. Probably the same one that put our littlest in hospital the other week.

2mm voodoowool seems far far too big for a kanger head but it's reported that it works fine. I really would have thought that the thickness would cause wicking problems but customers are getting along with it just fine.

1mm voodoowool seems to my eye to be about right but I've not heard much back about it in kanger heads yet

You can (believe it or not) just about squeeze 2.5mm voodoowool into both single coil Kanger heads, and dual coil ones as well. Its a better fit in the dual coil ones as the gap is big enough, and you just fluff the ends up enough to fill the gap up to the silicone donut.

I blogged about it here

Sorry for the late reply. I've been struck down by some god awful man flu virus. Probably the same one that put our littlest in hospital the other week.

2mm voodoowool seems far far too big for a kanger head but it's reported that it works fine. I really would have thought that the thickness would cause wicking problems but customers are getting along with it just fine.

1mm voodoowool seems to my eye to be about right but I've not heard much back about it in kanger heads yet

Bad luck - it's twice as bad getting flu in the summer - I do hope you and offspring are OK now.

I think I have some 2mm Vwool left although it might be packed up in any one of a hundred cardboard boxes ready to move house. I'll have a look tomorrow. Thanks very much for the help!

You can (believe it or not) just about squeeze 2.5mm voodoowool into both single coil Kanger heads, and dual coil ones as well. Its a better fit in the dual coil ones as the gap is big enough, and you just fluff the ends up enough to fill the gap up to the silicone donut.

I blogged about it here

That's very interesting, thank you very much. If I can find my vaping supplies kit (see reply to Rob above) I shall try it exactly as per your instructions.

Well I tried some 2mm Voodoowool and a 1R5 NR-R-NR using blademansw (thank you) instructions here.

I found it a bit difficult to wind a decent coil as the Voodoo braiding kept wanting to pull the wire to places I didn't want it to go when forming the turns. (I was also working in semi-darkness without my "X-ray specs".) Anyhow, I got something half decent in the end.

I tried it out with VaperCaper Vanilla Custard. Despite wetting the wick before putting the chimney on and a few unpowered drags the first few pulls were really horrible. Dry, scratchy etc. I turned the power down to 7W and persevered. Just like a Voodoo build in my Kraken it settled down after a while and has been pretty good for a couple of days now. No leaking or gurgling. The flavour is good but less than I would have expected with cotton. The bad thing is that I can't turn the power up without burning. This, I suspect, is down to a couple of turns on my coil which are too close together.

I shall try a new coil because I think this could be really good eventually.

Yeah I have found voodoo takes a little while to break in

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom