What's new

Have we lost?

From a campaigning point of view.Organizations tend to be taken more seriously by politicians than individuals so for example if existing traders & manufacturers were all to form a trade body it would be easier to negotiate compromises to any coming changes and at least your voice would be heard.
The government can come to an agreement with a trade body whereas a bunch of small traders will just be told what is allowed.
I speak as an ex trader who has had to fight politicians at the local council level.

Well that sounds more promising than I at first realised. I am all for the ideals that "food" safety should be out in place ensuring that the consumer gets a good product. I really just hope this doesn't price the small business out (which I suspect highly will be attempted) The concept of having a centralised organization of traders to have negotiating weight sounds like a very good plan. Being neither trader or lawer I can be of no help there. I will continue to do what I can to help this community to enjoy their hobby with as little restriction as possible. My influence is minimal but i do what I can

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I was just wondering? If I crush a bag of pipe tobacco, then add, ooh, I don't know, some vodka, then mulch it down a bit before adding some absinthe. Would it be safe to vape or would it explode? I only ask because if the uk gov gets its way and outlaws the stuff a couple of million people actually want, how many of that couple of million will come up with a potentially dangerous idea and follow it through?

block of flats on fire? Face blown off? Who knows what any number of people who happily vape right now will come up with, perhaps something ludicrous that could kill them and others?

i can see the papers already, dangerous incident caused by idiot etc etc, rather than the real issue that the gov removed something they previously used safely and the individual concerned tried to improvise to compensate for its loss.

Last edited:
If I were a small juice manufacturer & regs pushed my product off the market because of cost, I'd simply shift to selling blended food concentrates :D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

If you have the time to read it, here's Clive Bates update on the TPD proposals.
Updated info post: TPD

Cheers, some really interesting bits in there I hadn't seen before. Sections 2, 3 and 4 particularly interesting.

If I were a small juice manufacturer & regs pushed my product off the market because of cost, I'd simply shift to selling blended food concentrates :D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

That's definitely one way around it!

Very good.
I can only hope that all those who are trying to make a living in the industry join it.
When I click on the members list it looks sadly short.

I can only echo this. Associations like this will be able to make things much easier when gov try to enforce any standards for 2 reasons:
1. By being a member they will already have had to produce to said standards therefore easier to get products through to market and
2. An association like this will have more negotiation power (because individuals opinions just don't seem to master to the powers that be)

Most of the members on there are the big boys in the industry (not saying I have an issue with any of them, they all do fine work) I think the small traders need to get themselves on there to get the protection they need. If it means that the product price goes up slightly I'll happily pay the extra

Sent from my SM-T310 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

phiuch & oldhippydude, If it seems like some of us are not engaging in this it may be a case of burnout rather than a lack of interest. I've signed all the petitions, written to MP's & MEP's, Taken part in Twitter Bombs, and Hashtag bumpings, Stood outside the BBC and protested and generally made a nuisance of Myself along with a HUGE number of people from this forum. Now we are relaxing a little and settling in for the LONG war, it will take until at least 2017 before the EU actually get the regs in place, with challenges to be made once the final regs are announced, then they have to be applied nationally, where they will be challenged again. So forgive us if we all don't run around screaming - been there, done that, got the cold feet to prove it...:whiteflag:

Back
Top Bottom